Gotta love the highpaying mission bug

Forum For Privateer Remake
mostly_harmless
Explorer
Explorer

Gotta love the highpaying mission bug

Post by mostly_harmless »

There i was in my shiney new paradigm...
just got a 2.9million cred mission to haul arms from perry to new detroit
all went well (but SOOOO SLOOOOW)
but when i landed... BUGGER... little to no money for the mission :(

So then i decided to sell the cargo i had that wasnt registered as mission cargo anymore.

And presto! 8.1Million creds selling the 28,500 units of light arms! :D :D :D

thats whatcha call a lose-win situation!
Die by the very weapons you adore!
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

It's not a bug: some people don't oay you on delivery, or simply don't accept the goods. This is the 'security' the merchant's guild is supposed to offer - you're (supposedly) gauranteed pay upon completion for their missions.

As it stands, you were getting scammed, getting paid that little for that much cargo, so much so that its a good thing they didnt pay and you got to sell them :D
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
TBwaar
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TBwaar »

Make sure your cargo hold is empty so you can hold the full mission amount. This way you will get the full pay.

Yeah the cargo hold of the paradigm is incredible. It makes for insane profits and other bugs allow you to create a fleet of steltek ships. Its 10 turrets and large fleet capacity make up for the lack of speed and ensure you will get to your destination alive. See these threads for the type of destruction possible with the paradigm:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=5399

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=6559

Despite this, i think that overall it doesn't need much reballancing because it's impractical to use such a slow ship to play through the campaign. The fact is you can do most missions much faster in smaller ships because you can get to you destinations significantly faster. I think it would be sweet, however, if there was a mission that required the paradigm to complete. Like a huge battle against the kilrathi. You could have to take on a couple kameks and 50-100 kilrathi ships. And you have to bring your own firepower - no wingmen or confed aid. Just a thought.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

Someone ought to do a 'what if' scenario, with the 'what if' being, what if the Stelktek were alive, kicking, and bent on kicking some confed behind?

THAT could require a Paradigm, among other things.
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu