The Ultimate Ship Guide: A once and for all guide to ships.

Forum For Privateer Remake
TBwaar
Merchant
Merchant

The Ultimate Ship Guide: A once and for all guide to ships.

Post by TBwaar »

This guide will cover every ship I found in the PR campaign as I haven't played thtough RF so I do not yet have information on other ships.

Merchant

Light - Tarsus
. . . . . Cost: 28,000
. . . . . Speed: 300/600
. . . . . 2 GunPts: 2-L,M,H
. . . . . 2 Mis.Pts: 2-L,M,H,Sp
. . . . . 0 Turrets: N/A
. . . . . Cargo: 100/150

Medium - Galaxy
. . . . . Cost: 150,000
. . . . . Speed: 300/750
. . . . . 2 Turrets: 1-Dorsal \ 1-Ventral
. . . . . Cargo: 150/225

Light Capship - Drayman
. . . . . Cost: 1,200,000
. . . . . Speed: 150/150
. . . . . 2 GunPts: 2-L,M,H,Sp
. . . . . 0 Mis.Pts: N/A
. . . . . Cargo: 5,000/5,400

Hunter

Light - Demon
. . . . . Cost: 125,000
. . . . . Speed: 450/1,200
. . . . . 4 GunPts: 2-L \ 2-L,M,H
. . . . . Cargo: 50/75

Medium - Centurion
. . . . . Cost: 200,000
. . . . . Speed: 500/1,000
. . . . . 4 GunPts: 4-L,M,H,Sp
. . . . . 1 Turret: 1-Aft
. . . . . Cargo: 50/60

Heavy - Orion
. . . . . Cost: 125,000
. . . . . Speed: 350/800
. . . . . 1 Mis.Pt: 1-L,M,H,Sp
. . . . . 1 Turret: 1-Aft
. . . . . Cargo: 50/75

Pirate

Light - Talon
. . . . . Cost: 40,000
. . . . . Speed: 400/1,000
. . . . . 3 GunPts: 1-L,M,H,Sp \ 2-L,M,H
. . . . . 2 Mis.Pts: 2-L,M,H
. . . . . Cargo: 15/25

Confed

Light - Stiletto
. . . . . Cost: 280,000
. . . . . Speed: 500/1,400
. . . . . 4 Mis Pts: 4-L,M,H,Sp
. . . . . Cargo: 5/15

Medium - Gladius
. . . . . Cost: 80,000
. . . . . Speed: 400/1,000
. . . . . 3 GunPts: 2-L,M,H \ 1-L,M,H,Sp
. . . . . 3 Mis.Pts: 2-L \ 1-L,M,H,Sp
. . . . . Cargo: 20/45

Heavy - Broad Sword
. . . . . Cost: 780,000
. . . . . Speed: 350/350
. . . . . 3 GunPts: 3-L,M,H
. . . . . 8 Mis.Pts: 3-L,M,H \ 1-L,M,Sp \ 4-H
. . . . . 3 Turrets: 1-Port \ 1-Aft \ 1-Starbord
. . . . . Cargo: 75/125

Milspec - Stiletto
. . . . . Cost: 2,000,000

Capship - Paradigm
. . . . . Cost: N/A
. . . . . Speed: 200/200
. . . . . 5 GunPts: 5-L,M,H,Sp
. . . . . 3 Mis.Pts: 2-M,Sp \ 1-M
. . . . . 12 Turrets: 7-Dorsal \ 5-Ventral
. . . . . Cargo: 100,000

Depreciated (Milspec)

Talon - Cost: 70,000
-Available: At Pentonville after last Tayla mission. Stock Talon also available.

Galaxy - Cost: 270,000
Drayman - Cost: 1,500,000
-Available: At Oxford after last Masterson mission. Stock Drayman also available.

Demon - Cost: 185,000
Centurion - Cost: 400,000
Orion - Cost: 180,000
-Available: At Palan after returning Monkhouse. Stock Demon unlocked.

Gladuis - Cost: 450,000
-Available: At Rygannon after last Cross mission.

Broad Sword - Cost: 1,250,000
Paradigm - Cost: 8,700,000
-Available: At Perry after last PR mission. Non-depreciated Stiletto, Gladius, and Broadsword unlocked.

All ships under depreciated are milspec and are one time buys so use that part of the guide to make sure you don't miss anything. (See the stock listing of the ship in this guide for its stats) The stock drayman and talon also disappear, but may reappear later. To be safe, get them when they show up because you know they will be there. Unlocked ships do not disappear.

I don't know about a milspec tarsus. I've read you can have three in total because the one you start with is listed as 'stock(refurbished)' and is different from one simply listed as 'stock', but I've never found the milspec version.
Last edited by TBwaar on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

@TBwaar and Privateer Ferrius

I really appreciate that the two of you are taking the effort and are trying to make one unser friendly list of ships in PR.
But, as you sure see it as well, when we have twenty different final threads about one topic, there is no progress in organizing the board a little at all.
Maybe the two of you want to work together in this matter and we can unite the two threads and link them to the library.

anyway, nice work, both of the threads :D
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
TBwaar
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TBwaar »

I recognize the importance of having one unified guide for the purpose of being organized and user friendly, but how do you propose we link the two guides? It seems like it would be difficult for us to both have editting acess. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you think we should do. In any event, this will only work if Privateer Ferrius is willing to do a joint effort. If he will, then any suggestions you have for how to unite the guides will be much appreaciated. :)
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Well, you could work on it via pm or other informal ways, and the one of you makes the changes.
Except this is not about providing good service, but making posts...;)
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

I think I have a good format going, but I have a bunch of other things going and can't regularly update the guide. If you want to perhaps find the ships I have missed (which is a ton) and write them up in my format, I can add them to my guide, with a writeup if you don't want to make one, and any info you missed.
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
TBwaar
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TBwaar »

:idea: I propose we poll users to determine which guide format they prefer. (as the purpose of a ship guide is for them) I think both formats we have are good, but I think it should be up to the user to decide which one we keep. If we keep your guide, I can find the info for the ships you missed and if we keep mine you can make write-ups for my guide as I don't have any, and your writeups are better than mine would be. :wink:
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

I thought of that as well, but there arent really enough people here to have an effective poll :P

In either event, I suggest using mine because it follows the format of the ship technical readouts in the WC manuals :D

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Kreklewetz
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by Kreklewetz »

Privateer Ferrius wrote:I suggest using mine because it follows the format of the ship technical readouts in the WC manuals :D
That may be true. However, despite your guide being descriptive it lacks a few stats and has some errors. I find this one lists more accurate information (which fill in the stats that you’ve left as question marks) and goes into deeper detail of ship capabilities and specifics, such as the depreciated ship stats versus stock ones, and so on. Also this lists ships yours doesn’t, such as the Talon, Paradigm, Broadsword, Stiletto and Gladuis.
TBwaar
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TBwaar »

You might be right about the poll. I think there are enough members (over 2000) but they don't all check the board regularly or maybe even at all anymore and the ones that do might not vote. I think this is basically what you meant when you said there won't be enough people and I agree there might not be. Still i think it's worth a try. Depending on how many votes come in we can decide if the poll is effective. Is there any way to determine how many members log in on a regular basis, say once a week or so?
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

I think its something like, You, I, Chuck, Klauss, DualJoe, Spaceman Spiff, and occasionally Charlieg :P

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Privateer Ferrius wrote:I think its something like, You, I, Chuck, Klauss, DualJoe, Spaceman Spiff, and occasionally Charlieg :P
You forgot spirit and mkruer ;)

I guess the Privateer board kind of lost what made it so intersting in it's early days. The combination of an already well developed game and the possibility of becoming part of the development. I'd say at the moment there is no visible development in PR and the development of WCU is not far enough (no 1.0 release). Plus WCU lacks the celebrity background, which the remake has...
Also I think a lot of newbies (I counted three or four in the last days, not including you ferrius;) ) would stick closer to the board if some of the devs would spend more time online (I don't know if this is possible at all). If newbies don't get the impression of a living community and if they don't get fast and proper answers to their questions they won't stay.
I tried to do some newbie service, yet my English sucks and I'm no dev - so all I can do aktually, is answer question which have been already asked on the board befor.
Plus, in the middle of 2005 the game revieved a lot of coverage from print- and online media. If there is some mediacoverage now, it's to GG...

Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Spirit hasn't been on since I signed up, Spiff :? And hey, I'm no Chris Roberts, but I'm pretty seasoned when it comes to independant games :)

I try to keep the Privateer community and boards alive and kicking as much as I can, but I'm just one person, and in either event I'm pretty busy develioping for WCU at the moment :D

I think (although this is just what I think and may or may not be true) that the developers have just lost interest in the remake, for whatever reason (the whole Cruisariver issue maybe? Ooh, am I punny or what :P )

The good thing though is while it may never be officially included in the Privateer remake, a lot of the current WCU development will inject some new blood into the remake in the form of better models (such as the Demon I'm wrking on now), a better engine (if Klauss comes through, and I am sure he will), and much better character art (which is on my todo list)

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Privateer Ferrius wrote:
I try to keep the Privateer community and boards alive and kicking as much as I can, but I'm just one person, and in either event I'm pretty busy develioping for WCU at the moment :D
Hell, the I guess we ought to be happy to have you here ;)

micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I wish i had looked at this website alot earlier, because i was looking for a Talon, then i find one, but the i lack the credits, so i do a quick mission to get the money. I come back and it's gone and i cannot find it. :(
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

They pop up here and there randomly, like most ships. The best way to get one is to ensure you always have the money to buy one, and then pop around major systems (new detroit, new constantiople, perry, etc) until you find one :)

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Well, who needs a Talon when you can have a Stilleto :wink: