Piracy: No longer a profitable profession?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Kreklewetz
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Piracy: No longer a profitable profession?

Post by Kreklewetz »

Back in the day, on the original privateer, it was the pirate's life for me. Even with the crappy Tarsus the first thing I would do is trade in my missile launcher for a tractor beam and promptly blow up a couple draymans. This can feasibly be done in this remake, albeit with significant extra effort. However, the problem occurs after blowing up said drayman. In the original privateer my efforts would be rewarded with a healthy load of cargo, often more then my ship could hold, yielding a decent profit, being that the only expenses are the occasional repairs. However, in the remake, I take the extra time to obliterate the now much tougher draymans only to be rewarded with one or two crappy pieces of cargo, making the entire effort in vain and not even close to worth it, as I could have made more money just buying cargo and selling it. Perhaps I'm missing something, if so please inform me, but I had always liked privateer for its open-ended gameplay, including the options to profit through unscrupulous means. If anyone has insight on this it would be appreciated.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Just check out my highly unprofessional new thread:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=6530

there are some links about this topic... ;)
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

I believe that cargo can take 'damage' and be destroyed if you abuse ships too much. ;)
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu