Ferrius' Fighting Ships, Privateer Edition

Forum For Privateer Remake
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ijuin wrote: A question: Is the shield recharge rate in PR comparable to that in the original Privateer?
I can only guess so. But, as mentioned, I wouldn't spend to many thoughts in it, befor we see the results of rebalancing... :wink:
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

Shields for starbases weren't even normal sheilds, they were the MUCH more protective phase sheilds.

Update to the Guide: added information on the manufacturers and sources of the ships.
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Privateer Ferrius wrote:Shields for starbases weren't even normal sheilds, they were the MUCH more protective phase sheilds.

Don't get it. Base-shields don't play a role in PR because bases can't be destroyed, or better ought not to be destroyable...

EDIT:

About your Drayman, IIRC there was already a discussion about which version of the drayman ought to be in WCU. And I believe there was a decission for the no-turret version. I don't have time to search for it right now, maybe you wanna look it up yourself. This is kind of an unfortunate situation right now, because nobody of the PR devs seem to visit the board in those days and I kind of stay alone with my memory... ;)

About the thread:
Ferrius, is it ok for you if I split the shield discussion out of it to keep this the Privateer Ferrius Ship thread only?
Last edited by Spaceman Spiff on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

No, but putting phase sheilds on the remake bases would prevent all but the most stubborn user effort to destroy them.
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu