Changing Turret AI

Forum For Privateer Remake
NoRespect
Explorer
Explorer

Changing Turret AI

Post by NoRespect »

Hi,

I installed the game a few weeks ago, and what should I say... I love it. I liked the original Privateer, and this remake is great, espacially because it has AI for the Turrets, as I have always been a Galaxy Fan, and missed this feature in the original game.

But to my question:

I would like to have a more accurate AI for my turrets, and I read in another thread, that there was such an AI in an earlier version of the game but was taken out, because it was too poweful? Now I would like to replace the current version of the AI with said more powerful version, if possible. I probably need the help of a developer with this issue, because I of course need access to that AI in the first place. Could anyone please help me with this? I'd really love to try to beat the campaign with my favorite ship, the galaxy, with a good Turret AI :wink:

Suggestion to the developers:
I think it would be great, If that improved AI could be implemented in a future version of PR as a purchaseable upgrade. As from the other thread I understand, that it would make the game too easy in some cases, but well... If it was available as an upgrade, everybody who likes it, can use it, and everybody who finds it too easy, does not have to use it, so that solution would make both "sides" happy, wouldnt it? :)

Greets
NoRespect
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Working on it already :)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.