Large transfer error, can someone help me recover?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Malfious
Explorer
Explorer

Large transfer error, can someone help me recover?

Post by Malfious »

I got a new PC today and downloaded the Privateer remake onto it. I copied my save game from my old one and transferred it but something is wrong. Where I am in the game, ships, credits and everything else is the same, except everything on my ship is gone!!!

Now I have a Centurion with absolutely nothing at all. Does anyone know why this may have happened and if possible send me a save as near to where I am as possible?

I've finished the original campaign and am pretty far in the new one. Not started RF yet. My Centurion had a Lv3 ECM, Tungsten Hull, Tungsten Armour, Jump Drive, 3 Tacyon Cannons, 1 Boosted Steltek Gun, 20 Image Recognition Missiles, OMNI Radar (the best one). Repair System Advanced and Repair Driod Advanced. 6 Autotrackers. A rear Tacyon turret. and all the engine enhancements: afterburner, mult thrust enhancer and mult turn enhancer. and a level 3 reactor and a level 3 4 way shields.

In the new campaign I've taken every good route and never helped the pirates or revolutionaries. I'm currently on the mission to save the prison transport (2nd one) from the Demons. In fact thats why I got a new computer as the slow performance and lag on my laptop made the game really difficult.

Any help muchly appreciated. I guess I could save up and start over on the plot missions when adequate.... but I'll need about 2 million credits pretty much
"I'm just a lost tourist."
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Not sure what may have caused the problem, but if the game cheated you, you can cheat it back: Just open the save game in notepad and the first number there is your credits.
Malfious
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Malfious »

Thanks a lot for the help chuck. :) Its helped me a lot, but no amount of credits will return my boosted steltek :cry:
"I'm just a lost tourist."
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

when copying save files, your ship XML files are stored in folders inside "serialized_xml" in the .vegastrike directory.

Just copying your saved game file from the "save" directory won't be enough to get your ship back in working order.