more questions.. of course :)

Forum For Privateer Remake
mostly_harmless
Explorer
Explorer

more questions.. of course :)

Post by mostly_harmless »

A few more possibly knotty questions,
ive been playing around with the orion... and can find lev1,2,3,4 & 5 generators, but not 6 or 7, and level 8 and 9 are there, at the high level bases (perry/new constantinople etc).
so where are the level 6 & 7 generators

also, whats the effective diff between shield type 2 and type 4's?

and finally, been thinking about doing some equipment mods... anyone know where the stats for the ships are kept
i.e. which ships can tote which guns & equipment?

answers to any of these quozzies would be appreciated :)
answers to all gets a free hug :D
Die by the very weapons you adore!
Malfious
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Malfious »

I'm sure I've seen level 6 and 7 generators. A lot of the stock seems to be generated randomly so my advice is to keep searching. I'd probably avoid pleasure planets though as they rarely have anything of use (if they even have a ship dealer). Refinary worlds might be your best bet but I was quite sure New Detroit had some.

The difference between level 2 and 4 generators (i think) is that level 4 produce all round shields while level 2 only project shields round the front and back of your ship, which is why I've never brought them.

Can't help you with mods I'm afraid
"I'm just a lost tourist."
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

Level 6 and 7 shields are only available for the Orion after you have begun the RF campaign.
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
mostly_harmless
Explorer
Explorer

ahh interesting
ive found the master items list, with a list of all the privateer items, dunno where the RF ones are stored though, and it must be in the ship files that determines what ship can carry what, not in the items file
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

The ships file stores all of the hardware specs, but I think it's the scenario file (dunno where that is) that declares that RF upgrades do not become available until you trigger the start of the RF campaign. In order to start the RF campaign you must have the Steltek gun and land on Jolson.
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

all data about ships weapons and other stuff is in units.cvs in the units folder.
Your ship's data is in .privateer/serialized_xml.
The master_parts_list.cvs in the main folder contains all items available to buy anywhere.
IIRC, the master_parts_list.cvs changes after RF is launched.

I'm not sure, but i think if you like to have RF-items earlier, you gotta edit them into master_parts_list.cvs. But pay attention, this may cause problems as soon as you start RF.

The Devs will sure be able to help you. There is a mod section on this board where you can sak such questions...

good luck...

EDIT: Best to use OpenOffice to edit those files, IMO ;) .
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
mostly_harmless
Explorer
Explorer

kool thanks spaceman
*BIG HUGS*
:lol:
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

Malfious wrote:The difference between level 2 and 4 generators (i think) is that level 4 produce all round shields while level 2 only project shields round the front and back of your ship, which is why I've never brought them.
Do those even exist in Remake? I've only seen them in basic Vega Strike.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

they exist but i dont think anything in Privateer can take the shield 2. except for some of the stations but last time i checked you couldnt own them and even if you could the chances of you docking one at another station is probably rather slim..