Need a lil help from you fine folks.

Forum For Privateer Remake
Trikstyle
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Need a lil help from you fine folks.

Post by Trikstyle »

Hello,

First let me say THANK YOU for undertaking this project. I am so very glad to that Privateer has made it into the 21st century. I have a few questions and figured this was the place for them:

1. Can I contribute? I notice that some planets either are missing their skins, or their lighting is off, I am a decent modeler and have made some fairly nice skins in my time, and wouldn't mind helping out with that and cockpits for the "non standard" ships. Who can I talk to about that?

2. I just finished the main storyline at Palan, and as I went to the Tig jumphole I was afterburning, a drayman(or the bigger one) appeared in the jump and I collided, which killed me before my save. Please can someone spare me a save game at the end of palan3? I spent hours doing the mission before I figured out I could repair on planet. I rarely get play time on the pc due to work so I'd rather not redo the hours spent on palan(and oxford3, WOW that was tough).

Let me say hello and thank you once again. I am so impressed with both the vega strike engine in general and this team's effort in restoring a game we all love.

I can't wait for my kids to play this!!!!

Nate
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Little time, but sure.... gotta try which is the right one....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Trikstyle
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Trikstyle »

Thanks Spaceman!

Man, I can't believe I did the whole core story in one day. First time I ever played it, it took me like 2 weeks or so(don't judge me, I was young back then). :)

You know the worst part?

I actually just bought the original privateer(cd classics version w/rf and speech) off ebay for 20 bucks. It's not here yet but I had been pokin around on the net to find dos box etc etc to get it up and running.

As I searched, I found this project.

You guys rock, and I thought I was the only Privateer nerd left :P

Nate
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Same with me, I had Privateer and were looking for a way to get it running...

Yet, from time to time I do enjoy playing the original in DOSBox....
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

Vendetta
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Vendetta »

In my case, I was remembering the old days, when pc games started to come out and the game the made a difference was Privateer. I just loved this game. Ofcourse I thought I would never be able to play it again since nobody would sell it anymore. Then while browsing the web I ended up here. I new this game had marked an era and I wasn't the only one. Thanks to all for making it possible.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Trik: Please do contriBUTE!
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Re: Need a lil help from you fine folks.

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Trikstyle wrote:I am a decent modeler and have made some fairly nice skins in my time, and wouldn't mind helping out with that and cockpits for the "non standard" ships. Who can I talk to about that
Nate; we can use all the help we can get, modelling and texturing. We got a much better model of the Demon; but it needs texturing; that could be a start. Interested?
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

@ Chuck:

Are you guys going to use your model or Brads?

chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Brad's, of course. What I was trying to do back then was to *fix* the existing demon; which was impossible... There were millions of microscopically thin triangles all over the place...
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Ok....

I did if you did finisch you Demon. But I never took a look. It still takes at least 2 minutes for me to load a page (with 11Mbit/s and disabled images :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )...
This is alo why i had no further looks at you bengal carrier. Huge pictures sooner or later do freak me out...

chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

No worries; I just post pics all the time to show activity and keep up interest; the Bengal should be in-game pretty soon.