mostly_harmless
Explorer
Explorer

minor graphical glitches?

Post by mostly_harmless »

woooo
privateer!
thought i would never be able to play that ole game again
really like the way things are done in Privateer remake... a little better tahn gemini gold imho.

only issue ie had is hud graphics flickering
namely around the shield & hull, energy bar, nav map and also the system sun when its in the viewport

any idea's?
tried high or low detail levels, high or low perpixel lighting, various optimised settings, sharp or blurred bases

winXP
R9800pro graphics
radeon 6.1 drivers
Die by the very weapons you adore!
mostly_harmless
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mostly_harmless »

UPDATE:

Hmmm interesting
game was a bit slow and jerky too. i was wondering why till i remembered ive got an AMD dual core cpu, and running on both cores can be problematic

So i went back to windows, assigned vega to only use core 0 then alt-tabbed back.

result: flickering all gone, gameplay much smoother
BUT the fullscreen window is screwed, i see my startbar down the side, and the window is pushed off the left

Does anyone know how to assign cpu affinity in windows as a part of the shortcut?
Die by the very weapons you adore!
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

You might want to try this "wrapper" program:
http://www.hayseed.net/~emerson/setaffin.html
I searched google for "cpu affinity windows gpl" - gpl stuff is usually the best.

Since this is a command line program, I believe you just make a shortcut to that wrapper program, then in the command line box, add in quotes the full path to the vegastrike.exe from the Vegastrike shortcut.
So the command line will be something like
"C:\...\setaffin.exe" "C:\Program Files\vegastrike\vegastrike-0.4.3\bin\vegastrike.exe"

Should work for other games with this problem.