Is this the end?

Forum For Privateer Remake
HUMPERS
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Is this the end?

Post by HUMPERS »

I've completed main plot, RF missions and bonus plot. Is there anything else left to do? If not could you tell me the expected release date of a newer version and what to expect.

Can I just say that the work you have done on this game is excellent, bugs and all. I had Elite on the Amiga and loved it. Is there a pc version of that game that I can download. The problem with the Amiga version was after the 5 missions and gaining Elite status there was nothing else left to do. I'd love a version of that game where the missions went on and on and were varied and where you could change ships and have access to newer weapons/equipment, possibly after completing certain missions. The kilrathi's remind me of the Thargoids.

A 'witch space' scenario in the privateer game would be excellent too with different ships trying to destroy you and whose cargo you could plunder while you wait for your jump drive to repair!
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Re: Is this the end?

Post by Halleck »

HUMPERS wrote:I had Elite on the Amiga and loved it. Is there a pc version of that game that I can download.
One of the original co-authors, Ian Bell, has emuable versions of all the elites (minus the frontier series) at his website.
The problem with the Amiga version was after the 5 missions and gaining Elite status there was nothing else left to do. I'd love a version of that game where the missions went on and on and were varied and where you could change ships and have access to newer weapons/equipment, possibly after completing certain missions.
This is a possibility for my Elite Strike mod (link in signature)- in fact, the default gameplay style will be open-ended until combat rankings and goals are implemented- and even then, I plan to allow further play past when you reach "Elite" status.
A 'witch space' scenario in the privateer game would be excellent too with different ships trying to destroy you and whose cargo you could plunder while you wait for your jump drive to repair!
I don't think this would fit too well for WCU, but I certainly hope to have misjumps and thargoids in Elite Strike, eventually.
:D
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

As of right now, in WCU you can plunder ships -- leech them, then dock and take their cargo.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
HUMPERS
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by HUMPERS »

Back to my original question, am I at the end of this game, mission wise and when is there likely to be an update of this game with newer missions, etc.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Yes, that's pretty much it. Go play Standoff :)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
HUMPERS
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by HUMPERS »

Thanks for your reply but you've lost me! Go play standoff? What does that mean? I'm new to this......be gentle, kind and understanding! I hope it's a new game!
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Ok... I kind of hate to do this....

Check out www.wcnews.com.

There you'll find Standoff and a lot of other WC-Games...

But don't tell them you come from us, and never get used to this page...
This page is evil :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:But don't tell them you come from us, and never get used to this page...
This page is evil :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
WCNews is okay but stay away from the forums at crius.net unless you like getting banned. A lot.

Seriously- they banned spiritplumber, the lead developer of WCU, twice! Hellcatv also told me that they once banned him because they didn't like his name (and the Hellcat V).

So... not a very happy place.
HUMPERS
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by HUMPERS »

Thanks for your help guys!!!!
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

There -are- PC versions of Elite. Final Frontier Elite being the last version, and recomended one. Though the game is usually seen as shareware, I have seen the retail verson for download too.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Fireskull wrote:There -are- PC versions of Elite. Final Frontier Elite being the last version, and recomended one. Though the game is usually seen as shareware, I have seen the retail verson for download too.
I consider the old PC elites to be "emuable" as well... considering that you won't be able to run them in an acceptable fashion on modern PC's without DOSbox or custom binaries like JJFFE.

HUMPERS: Frontier: Elite 2 and Frontier: First Encounters can be downloaded at http://www.eliteclub.org.uk/
You'll want DOSBox to play FE2 and JJFFE to play FFE.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »