8%
Don't want it ;)
8%

Total votes: 40

Vendetta
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Vendetta »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:;) looking forward to it... :)
Ok, I must say that after a while of adapting my old ways of playing to the joystick y find it that it makes things a little bit easier. Nevertheless, I have better accuracy with the mouse than the joystick (I have more flyight hours with the mouse :P). I must confess that if I could configure the joystick buttons to what I need, I would be more deadlier :twisted:. Could you give me some pointers on how to do that? For instance, it would make my life a lot easier if I could lock my target with a joystick button than with "L". If I also had a weapons change I would probably carry some proton torpedoes apart form the FF missiles..
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Re: Joysticks mandatory?

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Hi,

I was on a little trip for some weeks. I had my notebook but no joystick.
And I have to say, this experience changed my view. I always considered the Oxford and Palan missions as not any harder as all the other missions. But withought a joystick things that seem easy can be really hard.
I know many of the devs play without joystick, yet I thought I might as well start a little discussion and a little poll....
It's a matter of what you're used to really. Same thing with ships too - try going from a merchie freighter with a huge behind to sleek fast Centurion or Talon, and you'll be having some serious yaw/pitch control problems with the much faster craft ;)
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu