Afterburners

Forum For Privateer Remake
quickben
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Afterburners

Post by quickben »

Im trying out this remake for the first time, and i cant seem to buy afterburners for the first ship (the one you get when you start the game).

Are afterburners simply not available?
quickben

Post by quickben »

oops, i found them, nevermind.
carotida
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by carotida »

Where can I buy them? I've been looking all around, but I can't seem to get 1.....
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Simply check all planets and stations in troy... Helen agricultural base would be my suggestion ;)
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
pandalet

Post by pandalet »

I feel like a total idiot, but I just can't find those afterburners! Are they purchased from somewhere other than the ship dealer? I even tried taking a mission from the bounty hunter guy in the bar, in case he was so chuffed with my performance he'd give me some afterburners as a bonus or something...

I'm stumped. Any seriously heavy clues (or outright spoilers, even) welcome :(
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome pandalet they should be available in the Troy system at one of the ship dealers.BTW which version did you download as we in the process of migrating the data set to the new version of the engine there have been a few glitches but there are now many more missions in a few new story lines :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pandalet

Post by pandalet »

I've got 1.2, downloaded last night. I've checked all the ship dealers, and the one in Hector has maneuvering jets, but that's the closest I've been able to find.

What section in the menu heirarchy are the afterburners in?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

They are under "Engines" i have noticed that they are not there for the first visit but where there on a revisit so keep looking.And if you want the latest version http://pu.wcjunction.com/ Have fun 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pandalet

Post by pandalet »

I've just had a go (using vanilla Privateer Remake) on my work PC, spent half an hour shuttling backwards and forwards between the bases in Troy, and no afterburner in any of them, at any time. The mult thrust enhancement was often there, but that's it.

I had a go with PU last night at home, and that has the afterburners no problem.

Am I just doing something wrong? Or supremely unlucky?

I guess I'll carry on playing PU at home, but I'm still curious as to what the problem is.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I'm pretty sure it was coincidence. At PU we're using the same randomizer stats from PR.