Image quality at fullscreen

Forum For Privateer Remake
[S|G]
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Image quality at fullscreen

Post by [S|G] »

Hello, I'm currently trying to run the game at fullscreen since I have too many problems with it in windowed mode (I keep resizing the window, clicking the taskbar, etc) but whenever it's in fullscreen the image is crappy: it looks like an old DOS game that used interlaced settings (one line printed, one line blank) that is pretty much impossible to read on.

Is there any fix for this? Thanks!
(on a side note, I'm running on linux)
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

You can try different resolutions and see how it looks

If you aren't able to get a good-looking picture, try exactly the same setting that X is running on (1024x768 at 32-bit color for example.)

Not much else I can say.

If you aren't able to get this to work, please post more specific details (video card, X resolution that you use (you can look in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 files, and look for the biggest resolution), and other details about what you have tried. This is strange, but it probably has something to do with graphics modes, your video card or your screen.
[S|G]
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by [S|G] »

Hello, I did figure out how to fix the problem and it did have something to do with screen resolution. The problem was the following: game resolution was set to 1024x768 fullscreen and my X resolution was 1152x854.

I had tried nearly all the standard configuration settings on vegastrike.conf, without success. So I decided to try to fill in my custom value of 1152x854 and that was it! I now have a perfect picture at fullscreen. Maybe this should be documented somewhere?

Thanks for the help, anyway :)
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe