Could Someone Help Me With My Screw-Up?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Grendel T. Troll
Star Pilot
Star Pilot
Location: Pt. Hueneme, Ca., U.S.A., North America, Terra, Sol Sector, Terran Confederation, Milky Way Galaxy

Could Someone Help Me With My Screw-Up?

Post by Grendel T. Troll »

First, I would like to repeat what several people have posted on these forums:

Privateer remake Rocks!!! :lol: This was my favorite WC game years ago. I played it to death, and then some. I am waiting for more!!!

Now, I hope someone here pities people who make stupid mistakes, because I have a problem:

I rescued Monte (RF storyline) and landed in New Detroit. I met him at the bar and he told me where to go next. I left and went to the shipyards, and was so intent upon buying and configuring a new ship (made the trip to Perry for the military upgreades) that I forgot the location. I went back to New Detroit to fnd out he's no longer there. I overwrote the save game as well.

What I am asking is: can someone tell me where the next contact is, please??

Thanks in advance
Grendel T. Troll
Registered Linux User #299419

All I need is my Franklin - class freighter... but a few million credits wouldn't hurt either..."
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

Does cargo from Capella ring a bell, or am I looking at the wrong part of the file?

or is it a bounty somewhere in pender's star or troy
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Grendel T. Troll
Star Pilot
Star Pilot
Location: Pt. Hueneme, Ca., U.S.A., North America, Terra, Sol Sector, Terran Confederation, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Grendel T. Troll »

hellcatv wrote:Does cargo from Capella ring a bell, or am I looking at the wrong part of the file?
That might be it. It is supposed to lead to another contact who tells more about the {SPOILER => "unified retros"<=SPOILER!!}

or is it a bounty somewhere in pender's star or troy
I'll look there as well, if Capella doesn't work out. Thanks!
Grendel T. Troll
Registered Linux User #299419

All I need is my Franklin - class freighter... but a few million credits wouldn't hurt either..."
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

The first mission Monte gives you after landing on New Detroit will send you to Drake base in Capella system. The shortest route from New Detroit would be New Detroit --> Perry --> Tingerhoff --> Capella.

The next mission after that will send you to Nexus. The route is the same as the previous mission except you jump to Nexus from Tingerhoff instead of to Capella.
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.