damage reports

Forum For Privateer Remake
JonathanD
Mercenary
Mercenary

damage reports

Post by JonathanD »

I'd really like to see... something, that gave a better idea what on your ship was damaged, and what the effect of this was. Especially on ships with integrated unsellable hardware, it would be really nice to see "oh hey, my reactor is damaged, and it's only capable of 50% of the normal output."

Or for shields, or for weapons, or for the coffeepot... you get the idea...

The little damage MFD screen helps a little, but not at all if your in a milspec ship with built in hardware. I wanna see it fail! :p

Just a mild suggestion, that I think would help the game along.

If this is something that maybe I can do in python, let me know :)
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

Agreed. Wanna see a display which shows me fill level of my ashtray... alright, stop jocking... I really agree with J.D. Some more detail for the damage screen would help a lot - especially for players wanting to determine "milspec" ships' damage.
I personally would suggest to get rid of certain special types of ships anyways and make 'em all custom upgradable via ship dealer as the basic once, but whatever... I want more details *bölk*
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

milspec ships can be great if you havent the cash to outfit a ship fully yourself but really need something bit better. they have their uses anyway...
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

... but NO detailed damage report. That can't be the idea of a detailed game like Privateer.
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
JonathanD
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by JonathanD »

I have no problem with milspec ships, but well :p

Even on normal ships, it would be nice to see a breakdown on the damage screen.

Reactor 100% output:500
Jump Drive 100% status:OK
laser (1) 100% status:OK
laser (2) 100% status:OK
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

i agree, find similar with VS sometimes, i want to know how broken something is too, like how close i am to losing AFHH support on my radar. seeing as that would be a big factor in whether i run away or not.