Just wanted to say

Forum For Privateer Remake
Rogueci5
Explorer
Explorer

Just wanted to say

Post by Rogueci5 »

THANK YOU! To the team, whoever you are, for making this MOD.

I installed it last night and OMG brings back all the old days

It looks GREAT

Cheers from an Old Space Hound
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

always glad to see someone enjoying :-)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Rogueci5
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rogueci5 »

hellcatv Enjoy? Its bloody wonderful, thanks so much :) :) :)

I will have some questions I am sure, but right now I am trying to figuar out how to get a jump drive on this ship :P

I had the same trouble with the original game! LOL

Well back too it thanks again!!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

hellcatv wrote:always glad to see someone enjoying :-)
Oh, don't worry, I'm enjoying it, too, or I had deleted the game from my drive a long time ago. ;-)

So, yes, I should thank you, too, for your work.

Some bugs can spoil some fun, but it seems they will be addressed in future version. Fine.

And if somebody could give me a hint, how I can solve my Lynn Murphy problem (see the other thread), I could start playing again and finish the first story line. ;-)

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

keep trying at it, the Palan missions are notoriously hard. i do remember one mission being a bit of a pain to get started, cant remember why though and it resolved itself.

try changing your flying style, just small changes can sometimes make the difference between success and failure in some missions.

switch to using Dumbfires (dont autotrack them - this may need practice)
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

Dumbfires... hell, yeah... I totally agreee. If you ever played Mortal Combat you know what a finishing move is - dumbfire rocket! As Derek said REAL dumbfire w/o autotracking 'cause otherwise those babies get useless against fighters changing course all the time - like Dralthi.

Btw. If you really want to say THANK YOU, Rogueci5... pick up 3d modelling or coding to help the Dev Team getting this Remake Project close to perfect ;)
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

Duke Derek wrote:keep trying at it, the Palan missions are notoriously hard.
It is not a problem with the difficulty, at least not yet. ;-)

My problem is that the first mission I get from Murphy tells me to intercept reinforcements at Nav 1 (Jump to Tingerhoff), but my mission display always tells me to go to Palan, and if I'm there, to destroy all hunter ships. But it is too early to go to Palan. This is the last of Murphy's missions.

I've read here that you don't have any control about the nav points a mission is assigned to, only about the system, so you should try it again and again until you get another nav point. And I tried and tried and tried and always got a "Go to Palan". This is my problem.

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

Strange shit, Ab-Sal... I can see the problem, but am I kinda lucky bastard that I had no problems playing this mission? I played the main plot of Privateer / RF twice now and I got in no trouble with this one wether on medium nor on hard (although I had to replay this several times 'cause I failed by dying).
Honestly I can't remember what happened exactly when playing this mission, but I had no problems 'cause otherwise I would remember for sure. Maybe you should try checking the nav points manually or something.
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

im pretty sure there are just loads of ships by Palan and you have to kill them all, go back, get another mission, kill them all repeat until complete
Rogueci5
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rogueci5 »

rockstar wrote: Btw. If you really want to say THANK YOU, Rogueci5... pick up 3d modelling or coding to help the Dev Team getting this Remake Project close to perfect ;)
Oh I would love too, but I dont have teh mind for coding, I have played with some 3D programs tho, Blender etc, but my skill is under amature :(
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you have to attack the ships where it tells you, even if it feels too early to be flying near palan--remember you're one fighter--not a cargo ship--even if you can make it through a trader or whoever they are trying to stop isn't likely to
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

You guys have created a great open-ended game where the player gets to chose what to do. (like in Morrowind) It's a great idea and a nice change from the "your fate is to be here" thing, "oh wait, if the developers allowed you to go here you would have gotten away from that trap that's supposed to happen because the plot needs it."

Anyone know what I'm trying to say? Anyhow Best freeware/shareware game I've ever seen on the internet.
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
Rogueci5
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rogueci5 »

Draken Stark wrote:Anyone know what I'm trying to say? Anyhow Best freeware/shareware game I've ever seen on the internet.
Yes I have to agree with that as well, I should have said it when I started teh thread, but I was in too much of a rush to get back to playing it :oops:
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

Draken Stark wrote:It's a great idea and a nice change from the "your fate is to be here" thing, "oh wait, if the developers allowed you to go here you would have gotten away from that trap that's supposed to happen because the plot needs it."
I love the game, yes, but are you sure you have so much freedom?
Okay, you can be a pirate or a merchant or something else, but this has no real consequences. Even the worst pirate can land at Perry Naval Base and buy weapons. In the original story line you are treated always the same, no matter how you make your profit.

In the new story line there seem to be some branches (alas, this I didn't know, so I don't have savegames to try different branches), but here again, even the worst pirate will be able to get a kiss from a hard cop like Destinee. ;-) And they always tell you, that they know all about you.

So the only differences are in space because of your different enemies, not in the story.

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

true--would be nice to fix up the factions for the main VS game---but we can't hope to change the way priv works (less it's wcu)
Naveed
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Naveed »

Just want to add my name to the ones that thanks you for this great game. I was playing it when it came out and I now feel like a kid again playing it. All the things you changed (interface, missions, etc) just make it better.

Thank you again!