Who stripped my ship?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Who stripped my ship?

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

Hi!

I have a Galaxy with all goodies and wanted to add a Centurion to my fleet again. So I went to the ship dealer, upgrade -> ships and bought a Centurion and every item I could for her.
After some flying I wanted to go back to the Galaxy for a time. So I went to the ship dealer, upgrade -> ships -> My Fleet and "bought" the Galaxy. I had now my Galaxy back but without any items I bought for her. No weapons, no jumpdrive, nothing, but some strange cargo items she never had before.
It seems that I had bought a complete new Galaxy and not switched to my old one.

When I switch back to my Centurion in the same way I switched to the Galaxy, every item is in the right place, but now I fear that they may vanish as well. What happened? How can I get my items for my Galaxy back?

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

gosh I don't know what could have happened

was it a milspec galaxy or a refurb one? did you upgrade the game since you tried it?

which version of priv remake (1.2?)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

hellcatv wrote:gosh I don't know what could have happened
I'm not sure I should be glad that you don't know either. ;-)
hellcatv wrote: was it a milspec galaxy or a refurb one? did you upgrade the game since you tried it? which version of priv remake (1.2?)
The Galaxy was bought at Perry Base selling my old ship. But she is a refurb one, or at least the save game tells me so.
The version is 1.2 and it was not changed or upgraded. I started with this version.

But I remember now that I had a simular problem.
Normally I'm choosing new missions before I quit the game. One time I was with my Galaxy in Hyades system and didn't find any suitable mission. So I saved and quit without new missions. After loading the savegame I had the same result: Strange cargo items and no hardware anymore. I had to load an older savegame which *had* missions assigned. I did not try to reproduce this.

Since I bought the new Centurion without having missions this may be the cause, but why it happened I don't know.

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.