Lost tayla

Forum For Privateer Remake
tomstrummer
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Lost tayla

Post by tomstrummer »

Hey all--

So I was at the point where tayla asked me to run Brilliance to Troy. I declined, because I kept getting my butt kicked in the Tarsus. So I took a bunch of cargo missions and now I have a spec'd out Galaxy that I'm enjoying.

Only thing is, now I go back to do Tayla's mission, and the base isn't there anymore! It _was_ in Padre, I still have a save game from way back when it was there...

Also, the artifact was on my tarsus, so it's no longer in my manifest because I still have the Tarsus. How can I transfer cargo between my ships?

Oh yeah, and is there an adverse effect to fighting back when the confeds attack me b/c I have brilliance? I mean, they kept attacking even after I dropped it off.

Thanks!
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Tayla's base is never in Padre, it is in Pentonville.

Shooting at Confed will tend to piss them off, yes. You may have noticed that you have a persistant relationship with the various factions. Destroy ships from faction A and faction A will tend to not like you anymore.
Isamu

Post by Isamu »

The only question is now... how do I find the system? I'm now in New Constantinoble and can't find Pentonvile? Where do I find nice little map?

I already bought one!
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

Look at your quadrant map. You will notice the 119CE system, with four jump points. One point leads to Junction, one to XXN-1927, one to Padre, and one to Pentonville.

From New Constantinople, you want to jump to XXN-1927, then to 119CE, then to Pentonville. If you want a little extra cash, I reccommend that you visit Edom and load up on food and wood first--pirate bases pay premium for that stuff.
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
drvoke
Merchant
Merchant

Post by drvoke »

I don't know if this counts as cheating, but I went to Wing Commander CIC and downloaded the Gemini Sector map. It's here.

I loaded it up in The GIMP, reversed colors, cleaned it up a little bit to make it suitable for printing, and printed a nice, complete map of the Gemini Sector for use while playing PR.

But just to make it fairer, I went ahead and bought all the quadrant maps... A little +k, hopefully.. but the in-game map screen is a horror to use. I never open it.

I now make notes on the paper map as to what sorts of bases, planets, other phenomena are in each system as I visit them.

Hope others find this advice helpful.
My poems crush bones into powder,
You mumble like a coward,
I'm Mos Def, you need to speak louder!
(Speed Law)