Forum For Privateer Remake
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Vanishing Items

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

Hi!

I found the following problem:
From time to time some of the hardware of my ships is vanishing (no, it isn't damage). At the moment, my Centurion is missing the multispeed enhancer and the repair AI. The latter was still there before the landing but vanished after the landing (this was reproduceable). Strange is, that you can't replace the missing item at once. If you go to the ship dealer, you see (or better see *not* ;-) the missing item at the right side, but the item at the left side is red, so you can't buy it.
If some of your guns are missing or the shield, the items still work, even if you don't see them anymore until suddenly after a new launch they are really vanished, and then you can buy them again.

At the moment I fly a Galaxy, and it seems the extra cargo rooms are vanishing as well. I'm quite sure, I had a cargo room of 225 units. But now I have 200 (I was down at 165 as well, leaving me with negative cargo numbers: free space: -21 of 165).

This is far from amusing. What can I do to fix this?

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

I think you need to do basic repair--or sell an item and rebuy or something to get the feature back--- it may have to do with the fact that the cargo item was destroyed but the respective upgrade current stat was not--so once the computer re-evaluates your ship it will be gone gfor good
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

hellcatv wrote:I think you need to do basic repair--or sell an item and rebuy or something to get the feature back--- it may have to do with the fact that the cargo item was destroyed but the respective upgrade current stat was not--so once the computer re-evaluates your ship it will be gone gfor good
Basic repair doesn't help. In some way I could fix my Galaxy problem:
Suddenly my jump drive had vanished, and I couldn't buy a new one, until I sold a cargo expansion (from 6 to 5), which let me buy the jump drive and gave me back my cargo room (225 units).

At first I thought all was well and maybe the secret cargo room from Tayla build into the Centurion could be a reason that the item count would be wrong leading to vanishing items, but yesterday first my reactor and then my shield generator vanished from the Galaxy without the chance of rebuying, until I noticed I could buy a new cargo expansion. I bought it and sold it, and then I could buy reactor and shield generator again. But even if they were not listed, those two items worked.

So there still seem to be some bugs in the game regarding your ship hardware. And those bugs are quite annoying. ;-)

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
Vandrvekn
Trader
Trader

Post by Vandrvekn »

This sometimes happens to me, always after I've taken a lot of damage. (i.e. Palan 3) One or more items doesn't appear in ship upgrades but still works in flight. Then, the items disappear for good once I sell something off my ship.

I also sometimes get weird problems with cargo space after taking severe damage. Cargo space will show up as some weird number like 62.53535. Sometimes, basic repair will fix it, but usually I have to sell my cargo expansion and buy it back again.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

Vandrvekn wrote:This sometimes happens to me, always after I've taken a lot of damage. (i.e. Palan 3) One or more items doesn't appear in ship upgrades but still works in flight. Then, the items disappear for good once I sell something off my ship.
Yes, this sounds exactly like my problem. But I think it happened, too, without much damage. Or the symptoms are not visisble at once.

Think about it, I have simular problems with my armor. It doesn't vanish, but if heavenly damaged, the damage report shows the armor in green again and I can't repair it. I have to sell and rebuy it.
Vandrvekn wrote: I also sometimes get weird problems with cargo space after taking severe damage. Cargo space will show up as some weird number like 62.53535. Sometimes, basic repair will fix it, but usually I have to sell my cargo expansion and buy it back again.
Yes, such weird numbers I had too.

I would like to know if this is really a bug or feature. I mean, is the behaviour in a way it should be? I had hardware that was shown black in the damage report, meaning beyond repair for your little droid but fixable at the ship dealer. So I would like to know if there are things at your ship which can be damaged beyond repair. Since I remember loosing a gun (Centurion) which was damaged but the station had no ship dealer, I would like to control every weapon individually. If I have four Plasma guns and the outer starbord gun is damaged, I would like to turn it off before it got further damaged.

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

we'll work on fixing that for the next one
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/