Building PR 1.2 from sources

Forum For Privateer Remake
TPJ
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Building PR 1.2 from sources

Post by TPJ »

I'd like to build PR 1.2 from sources, but I need to know which release of Vega Strike engine was used to build binaries for this game (I'm asking for the tag used with the -r option in cvs). Can anyone tell me that?
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

before_spiritplumber_a should be pretty close. Hellcat?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

CVS should likely be compatible. I don't think that we have had any changes that would break the PR dataset.
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

You haven't had a look at buglist.txt have you..
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Your mentioning of buglist.txt brings me to...
buglist.txt wrote:Ships on landing pad and in repair bay do not display vweps
** lines 301 and 314 of unit.cpp. Go Klauss!
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/v ... 9&r2=1.260
What's the difference between lines 295/308 (for the guns) and 239 (for the unit, which seems to work)?
Changing if (d) to if (true) for the guns makes them draw on bases
They always draw in space, so something about being on base is wrong. On base the ships have undergone a transformation or something to be where they are?
The ships' line for calculating d seems to take that into account while the guns' does not, so the guns don't draw on the bases (really reaching here)
fixed. changed it to if (true) since drawnow is only used for base screens anyway, made no sense for it to be broken then

Ships on landing pad are a lot larger now, and no longer centered on the pad. Animated engine sprites in the docking view if engines were going when you press 'd' or ram the station. Does 'd' even work anymore?
** see http://img492.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ess2ym.png
size will be fixed when base fov is decoupled from in flight fov. engine flames?**
Fixed.
Well... not the bigness and uncenteredness... I didn't notice any of those problems. (notice, they may be there without me noticing them).
Will commit tomorrow, if I remember to bring the files ;)

The problem with the mounts not being drawn was that the DrawNow() version incorrectly computed the mountpoint's location (so it was being drawn offscreen).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe