no room error....

Forum For Privateer Remake
Steel_Jackle
Trader
Trader

no room error....

Post by Steel_Jackle »

i getting the no room error with the ship floating in space, and i tryed to fix the save and it doesn't work......i'm so far along,i don't wanna start over, i'm up to the exploritory campaigns.

Edit: I mean when i dock, i get the error message no room specified, and the ship is just floating in space, it's just still in a black screen, and my options are launch and computer....
Steel_Jackle
Trader
Trader

Post by Steel_Jackle »

i getting the no room error with the ship floating in space, and i tryed to fix the save and it doesn't work......i'm so far along,i don't wanna start over, i'm up to the exploritory campaigns.

Edit: I mean when i dock, i get the error message no room specified, and the ship is just floating in space, it's just still in a black screen, and my options are launch and computer....
JonathanD
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by JonathanD »

Sounds like you edited something you shouldn't have.
TimmyGT
Trader
Trader

Post by TimmyGT »

maybe ur computer is shit..editing crap for an easy ride dont cut it
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Sounds like python trouble.
Perhaps you have corrupted .py modules. Try downloading them again (they're in /modules), and deleting all .pyc files as well.

If it still won't run, try posting stdout.txt and stderr.txt, usually python shows useful error messages.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

stderr.txt and stdout.txt will be very ehlpeful and let us get you a fix and get the fix into privateer 1.3
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Slocket
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by Slocket »

I had that when I first started. I think I fixed it by disabling my firewall since the readme says it want to use it as a server.

Oddly, not sure what happen, but it came out of it on a restart and reboot of my computer.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

can you send your stderr.txt from when a game has a no room error: it coudl be helpful to us
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

it doen't take editing to make that happen...

Post by Draken Stark »

Alright people... this can also happen if your hard drive is full ("no room", lol). I had this problem when I put the entire game on one of my 256MB PSP memory cards and played it on other computers (like a portible HD).
Try deleting some files of the game. I personally deleted the sound folder (freed some 50MB) and then disabled sound in the setup menu to prevent any crashing.

(Not a bad post for someone using a PSP, huh?)
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
drvoke
Merchant
Merchant

Post by drvoke »

There's something wrong with a person who uses a PSP? Irrational. :P Enjoying computer games and console games just means you are a True Gamer(tm). Welcome, brother! :lol: Although I must admit that 90% of the people I know who play games on a console wouldn't enjoy something like a space-trading simulator.

I play space sims(trading/combat), FPS, RPG, RTS, TBS, and DDR( 8) ) all on both PC and Console and Handheld. I just like games. I don't think that decreases my intelligence. :P
My poems crush bones into powder,
You mumble like a coward,
I'm Mos Def, you need to speak louder!
(Speed Law)
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Ooh you don't really know what an Otaku is, doo you?

Post by Draken Stark »

I know that this is a little off topic.. do you even know what an otaku is? (or anyone)

here let me look it up... Here's to everyone who wants to know...

Otaku - (o-tah-ku) In Japan, otaku is a fairly derogatory term used to describe an obsessed fan of something (not necessarily anime). In North America, however, the term is often a badge of honor for hard-core anime fans. Sometimes also used to refer to anime fans in general.

Fan of something... games! I have a PSP, DS, Nintendo 64-Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast. Oh and three GBAs (one of each: SP,normal, and the attachment to the GC.) and a gameboy color.
And I also have two computers of my own... one is a HP 533Megahurtz and a custom made one that I put together thats 1.8 Gigahurtz. Both comps have ATI cards. My newest is a 9200. And I also have two portible hard drives, one is a 256Meg flash drive and the other is a 40Gig USB hard drive.
My basement is a refuge for any nerd... I even have my own 27in s-video TV. All of that mostly came from my pocket and I'm just a grocery clerk at Slaveway (Safeway). And about 15-30 games for each consule.

Sorry for the organisation it's hard to remember all that I have at home.

I really have a hard time using my PSP when the card is full with the game. So I just reasently removed it and put it on my 256 flash drive. It's nice to be able to play at school and show off, but I miss having the sound sometimes from the game.
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Besides, the only place to play the game at school is either at the library's computer lab or the high school computer lab. So I have the music turned off usually, but when I bring my headphones I'm in heaven while I play the game.

Just to say that the fact that the sounds take up so much memory and now that I've deleted them. I've never had the no room error so far. I could also take the music off and save even more space, but then I'd feel like I'm playing with a ghost. It's not very fun without some sound. Try to save either the music or the sound to the game and delete the other for room. Don't forget to turn off the option for it in the options menu before you play the game again.

I'd just like to say that I'm glad that the game's editable without any programing software. Cheers to the creaters of a great game!
Kneebiter
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

The no room is caused by this

Post by Kneebiter »

The no room error is caused when you update
Privateer 1.0 the remake with
Privateer GG update.

The privateer GG update works fine on updating the privateer gg game.

But if you update privateer remake with the gg update you get the no room specified error

Spunky Kneebiter