Request: Some more options

Forum For Privateer Remake
Joshi
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Request: Some more options

Post by Joshi »

I've some features requests, perhapps you find some usefull to integrate.

The cockpit really drive me nuts, it would be nice to have an opertunity to switch it off permanently.

Since I am using an X-Box Gamepad for playing PR it would be great to reconfigure the buttons. It would be nice to hace the increase/reduce speed buttuns close to each other.

Jochen
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Re: Request: Some more options

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Joshi wrote:The cockpit really drive me nuts, it would be nice to have an opertunity to switch it off permanently.
You mean something more than the ability to turn them off by pressing f1 a couple times? That will turn them off.
Since I am using an X-Box Gamepad for playing PR it would be great to reconfigure the buttons. It would be nice to hace the increase/reduce speed buttuns close to each other.
Have a look in the vegastrike.config file. All the keybindings are defined in there, and you can easily change them. Maybe not as easily as with a GUI, but doable.

If you have questions about that, feel free to ask.
TimmyGT
Trader
Trader

Post by TimmyGT »

Ide like to see a hud dimmer...the flying thru space is great but the hud is so dang bright...maybe the ability to shrink it down.. resize it...and fer sure dim it...it cant be that hard to do...but i dont know how
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

Advanced shield settings - transferring energie to front/after/port/stear to compensate low shields or to increase shield power for direct attacks on capships; equalize shields so all sides are protected by the same amount of shield power.

Advanced energy settings - weapon/engine/shields setup affects de-/increasing of refresh rates, power and speed.

Advanced weapon setup - decide wether your weapons shoot both/single/after each other (like with low energy).

Dual monitor management - better options or presets to display information in cockpits with more than one monitor.

Display previous - a button to display the previous information on monitor.

This thread is simply called "Request: Some..." so I thought I won't die without letting you know what I miss.
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

I'm definitely looking into some energy management options in the near future :-)
this is especially for VS itself and the Vega Trek mod--no reason the code couldn't be used elsewhere tho :-)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

Do you know these moments? Sitting on the toilet, spending some long minutes to free your body from all the waste? And suddenly *pow* there's an idea... Anyways...

I was thinking about a detailed system scan for another option. When jumping into a system you have the possibility to choose targets - objects, ships, stations, jump points, nav points - and I would like to see an option to scan systemwide and get the result listed on display... like this or something:

SYSTEM: BLA
Friendly Ships X
Hostile Ships X
Relay Stations X
Space Stations X
Planets X
and so on...

(X for the number of scanned targets in system)
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rockstar wrote:Advanced shield settings - transferring energie to front/after/port/stear to compensate low shields or to increase shield power for direct attacks on capships; equalize shields so all sides are protected by the same amount of shield power.

Advanced energy settings - weapon/engine/shields setup affects de-/increasing of refresh rates, power and speed.

Advanced weapon setup - decide wether your weapons shoot both/single/after each other (like with low energy).

Dual monitor management - better options or presets to display information in cockpits with more than one monitor.

Display previous - a button to display the previous information on monitor.

This thread is simply called "Request: Some..." so I thought I won't die without letting you know what I miss.
I don't consider myself to be one of those "stick strictly to the orig" guys, but I don't see this in Privateer....
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
drvoke
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Request: Some more options

Post by drvoke »

Joshi wrote:Since I am using an X-Box Gamepad for playing PR it would be great to reconfigure the buttons. It would be nice to hace the increase/reduce speed buttuns close to each other.
I've got an Xbox gamepad hooked up to my computer as well, but I'm loath to try to set it up to work with VS or PR because there are seemingly more things I need to access very quickly than there are buttons and axes on the gamepad. Does anyone here have any experience playing using a gamepad and wish to impart some of their successes/failures to this thread?
My poems crush bones into powder,
You mumble like a coward,
I'm Mos Def, you need to speak louder!
(Speed Law)