Oxford Mission Design would be OK, aiming is the problem...

Forum For Privateer Remake
Pilgrim
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Oxford Mission Design would be OK, aiming is the problem...

Post by Pilgrim »

Normally (in the original game-engine) you would not have any problems to save the Drayman against 5-6 Demon fighters with a full equipped Centurion fighter (only using 4 Tachyon guns...).

The problem is, that even a Centurio fighter has a strange "behaviour" compared to the Demon fighters. Demon fighters seems to have no "weight" at all, they move around you and the Drayman like feathers.

It is nearly impossible to move the Centurion fast enough, even if you stand still.

The solution would be to reduce somehow the weight of the Centurion, so that the Gameplay would be closer to the original.

Is this possible with any "config" file ? Or is this a major change in the Vega-Strike engine ?

Thanks for any response
Pilgrim / Zurich / Switzerland
Ge0rgy
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Ge0rgy »

well, there is some rebalancing in progress for the next release.

demons are a bit too hard, yes. thats why this is a major topic on that rebalancing process.
not sure how this is done exactly. i think mostly demons will become slower... modifying the centurion would be not that good because it would destroy the balance a centurion has against a talon, tarsus, galaxy and all that.

And don't moan about the oxford-missions until you have tried palan 3! ;)

this is a common discussed problem and it is about to be solved. just await the next version ;)
i greatly appreciate it...because in every version things get better.. more things to show others and to give the the "what?? ...this is free!!???" - look in the eyes ;)

so keep hangin on... soon we all will be happy! ;)

greetings,
Georgy
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Ge0rgy wrote: demons are a bit too hard, yes. thats why this is a major topic on that rebalancing process.
not sure how this is done exactly. i think mostly demons will become slower... modifying the centurion would be not that good because it would destroy the balance a centurion has against a talon, tarsus, galaxy and all that.

And don't moan about the oxford-missions until you have tried palan 3! ;)
You've said it Georgy, Palan 3 is a real beast of a mission. Trying to finish the first set missions in a Galaxy just like I did with the original game, but I'm beginning to think I'll have to buckle under and get a Centurion just to get past this before Xmas hits :)
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'll never get... Ok... Ox 3 is hard because you have to defend an other ship put palan 3 is apiece of cake with the right strategy. All you need is time.
Best thing to do is a hit and run strategy, like a hawk does. As long as you are far enough away (meaning out of weapon range) you select one target. Then you hunt towards the swarm, giving sustained fire. When you reach the swarm hunt towards your selected target. As soon as it starts to do a sheldon slide, let the afterburner go and you'll slow down. The enemy vessel will turn in front of you and you got it's rear. Finish it with tho or three well aimed full bursts and then you run away until you are out of weapons range and your shield a regenerated. Do this for every single ship! It'll take time, but's the best strategy to do this without some silly "land-repair-start-again-or-hack-torpedos" cheat.
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.