Kilrathi ships

Forum For Privateer Remake
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:So it IS good for some thing! Also what Gun Combinations work for the Gothri? With drethi i just put three mensons on but they don't cut the butter (or Margarine in my case :D ).

Too Bad. I have just finished RF. It has kind of a lame ending, though plenty of fighting. i manage well in most instances with either a Orion or a Demon.
For the Dralthi try 2 Lasers and 1 Particle Gun (center).

Gothri shines with 2 Particle guns and 2 Ion cannons.

The tri-meson layout didn't work for me either , not enough killing power.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I tryed the gun combinations but they just did not work for me. it is just me and not the ships. i will just stick with Demon and Orion. :cry:
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:I just Found out! You fly to Sunn' Kpta then fly to Kilrathi Large Asteroid. There is Missles, Cloaking, Drelthi, Gothri, and Kamekh available. So i have Confed and Kilrathi Cap ships.
Is it possible to get the Gothri before completing the pr campaign, i am currently at mission 2 or 3 for tayla?

Though i probably would have to start a new game since the kilrathi dislike me because of all the ships of theirs i've destroyed.

Also, what's the cost of the Gothri?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

OnyxPaladin wrote:
micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:I just Found out! You fly to Sunn' Kpta then fly to Kilrathi Large Asteroid. There is Missles, Cloaking, Drelthi, Gothri, and Kamekh available. So i have Confed and Kilrathi Cap ships.
Is it possible to get the Gothri before completing the pr campaign, i am currently at mission 2 or 3 for tayla?

Though i probably would have to start a new game since the kilrathi dislike me because of all the ships of theirs i've destroyed.

Also, what's the cost of the Gothri?
2.5 million - you'll have to hack the master_parts_list.csv to make it buyable. I understand wanting it that badly, it's probably the best fighter in PR.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Ok..i just looked at that file and don't have a clue where to start. Too much beer perhaps?
I would appreciate it if you could tell me what i need to modify or link me to something that will.

And the same question for modifying the upgrade space of the Gothri as ijuin suggested.

Thanks in advance.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

OnyxPaladin wrote:Ok..i just looked at that file and don't have a clue where to start. Too much beer perhaps?
I would appreciate it if you could tell me what i need to modify or link me to something that will.

And the same question for modifying the upgrade space of the Gothri as ijuin suggested.

Thanks in advance.
I could modify a new master_parts_list & units.csv file for you but I want something in return :)

Gosshawk and I are going through the WCU ships for a Kilrathi medium or heavy fighter. We need someone to test how it does in PR 1.2, if you volunteer you'll have two Kilrathi ships available for play - the Gothri and whatever the other ship is.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Sure i'll test the ship, not like i can't make backups of the files. But, just so you know i haven't been playing PR all that long and i've never been a "guinea pig" before. Do you want my email address in a PM, or are you goig to post it?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

OnyxPaladin wrote:Sure i'll test the ship, not like i can't make backups of the files. But, just so you know i haven't been playing PR all that long and i've never been a "guinea pig" before. Do you want my email address in a PM, or are you goig to post it?
No problem, we need a fresh eye & someone not too familiar with the game to test the ship's viability. Will post the files here fyi.

Welcome aboard *g*, you can give us feedback on the Gothri in regular PR.

Other ship is a bonus, if you do get to drive that I'd be interested in a comparison vs. the Gothri.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

OnyxPaladin wrote:Sure i'll test the ship, not like i can't make backups of the files. But, just so you know i haven't been playing PR all that long and i've never been a "guinea pig" before. Do you want my email address in a PM, or are you goig to post it?
Onyx, check the Demon difficulties thread on how to alter the master_parts_list.csv so you can buy the Gothri. I'll attach the file both there and on the other thread.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

I've noticed that when piloting the gothri i have no cockpit(yes, i've tried F1 repeatedly), is this normal?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

OnyxPaladin wrote:I've noticed that when piloting the gothri i have no cockpit(yes, i've tried F1 repeatedly), is this normal?
yes, in fact the WCU gothri uses the Dralthi cockpit. Guess no one has gotten around to making one for it.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

Switch the cokpit to the Salthi if you want, the Dralthi cockpit only makes sense for the Dralthi line as you can see the twin lasers and tips of the wings.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

How would i go about doing that? I tried copying and pasting the salthi-hud.spr file into the gothri folder and changing the name, but that didn't work.
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

There's a colomn for the cockpit file. Change gothri-cockpit.cpt to salthi-cockpit.cpt.

The .hud image is the pictur that displays on your hud when you target that ship
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Thanks, good thing i backed the file up.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Gosshawk wrote:There's a colomn for the cockpit file. Change gothri-cockpit.cpt to salthi-cockpit.cpt.

I've modified all three unit lines(gothri/gothri blank/gothri template) in the units.csv file under the cockpit column. But i still have no cockpit, what am i doing wrong?
Gosshawk
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gosshawk »

PM me your units.cvs and I'll take a look at it.
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

I was taking a look at units.csv, trying to figure out where the variable is for the upgrade capacity (on the Gothri,) and I can't find it. Can someone tell me what line I'm looking for?

(Or does it have to be done with Excel? I'm doing it with Wordpad because I don't have space on my HD to install Excel.)

EDIT:
z30 wrote:Gosshawk and I are going through the WCU ships for a Kilrathi medium or heavy fighter. We need someone to test how it does in PR 1.2, if you volunteer you'll have two Kilrathi ships available for play - the Gothri and whatever the other ship is.
If you still need someone for testing this, I'd be willing to. I have almost every ship available (even a Heatseeker Missile ^_^) and am getting a bit bored.
"Ever tried to count hyperactive schoolchildren while someone shouts random numbers in your ear? It's like that."
--Geetra, frustrated mage (Magic: The Gathering)
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Solon Halwinder wrote:I was taking a look at units.csv, trying to figure out where the variable is for the upgrade capacity (on the Gothri,) and I can't find it. Can someone tell me what line I'm looking for?

(Or does it have to be done with Excel? I'm doing it with Wordpad because I don't have space on my HD to install Excel.)

EDIT:
z30 wrote:Gosshawk and I are going through the WCU ships for a Kilrathi medium or heavy fighter. We need someone to test how it does in PR 1.2, if you volunteer you'll have two Kilrathi ships available for play - the Gothri and whatever the other ship is.
If you still need someone for testing this, I'd be willing to. I have almost every ship available (even a Heatseeker Missile ^_^) and am getting a bit bored.
I'll try my best to come out with the user mod v.1.1 alpha this weekend. The Raptor is very close to what I feel it should be, but I still need to include the Krant.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

If there are any crafts to test I will gladly test them for you as I have up-graded to PR 1.2, though you will have to e-mail them to me as i can't log onto the forum from any other computer and our internet will not cope with a download of that size. I hope to be of some use.

Team Fortress 2
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:If there are any crafts to test I will gladly test them for you as I have up-graded to PR 1.2, though you will have to e-mail them to me as i can't log onto the forum from any other computer and our internet will not cope with a download of that size. I hope to be of some use.
Patch 1.1a posted in other thread Micheal - let me know if there are any problems with it or getting it.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Where is this download? And what ships is it?

Team Fortress 2
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:Where is this download? And what ships is it?
Check out the second page of the "MOD: Privateer Remake 1.2 Parallel Universe 1.0" thread.

The message with the download starts out as :

"Here it is, finally Smile

Place Privateer.zip in your main Privateer directory - unzip, overwrite all.

Place units1/units2/units3.zip in the units subdirectory - unzip overwrite all.

Make sure to backup your critical files, better yet rename your old Privateer directory to something else then install another copy of Privateer - and do the install there."

It has the Hornet, Ferret, Drayman CVL, OrionMk2/Mk2b/Mk2H, TarsusMk2, Galaxy Hunter, Kilrathi Sartha and Kukhri (modified Gladius)

Other details can be found in the thread - the additional ships I'm looking over will be in the final version of this patch (about a week from now).

Send me all your comments in that thread - I would appreciate any feedback on the changes.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I have downloaded the files and will back my files up then will add the ships in. Thanks

Team Fortress 2
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:I have downloaded the files and will back my files up then will add the ships in. Thanks
Let me know how it goes micheal, I'll be finalizing the new missile values this weekend and working in the cockpits and final ships :)

Once you install the patch, all the ship are there fyi (except the ones you've requested)