What is to expect for the next version?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

I'd be willing to do it. I'll need a modeling program though. I live in Alaska so there aren't many places to get that kind of software and I'd like to get one that is affordable by the middle man. If you know of a program that I could easily use with XP, I could create the models. I don't know how to do any animation though. I'd have to ask someone else to do the animated textures and the movement of the models (Of course, after I make/get the models that way the textures could be made to fit them.)

Also I actually like to do stuff like that. I'm looking forward to being a level designer someday and maybe I can get a taste from here if I could get a little help...

Oh, and also (I don't mean to spam.) I took a wack at some level editing for a game called gltron. You could find the levels in the forum (they still need some more editing to work in the game properly). It currently seems to be dieing now that the creator is married and teaches at a school (and thus, close to no time to build the game further.). I sure hope that this game won't follow the same fate... (dieing I mean, lol)
Rogueci5
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rogueci5 »

Draken Stark wrote:I'd be willing to do it. I'll need a modeling program though.
http://www.blender.org/cms/Home.2.0.html Great program I just lost touch with it about 8 versions back *sighs*
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

lol Nice. I'll try to give it a sure beating when I get time on the weekend. Thanks a lot! Really I mean it!
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
Rogueci5
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rogueci5 »

Draken Stark wrote:lol Nice. I'll try to give it a sure beating when I get time on the weekend. Thanks a lot! Really I mean it!
No problems I am gonna reinstal it as well and have a play, I am gonna have to re-learn it all over again, but they have an Online Noob to Master course so I should be ok :P
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Sorry...

Post by Draken Stark »

I'm not feeling too confident in the work I've done so far. I don't think I currently have good enough skills to meet even my own expectations on the project (please note that I'm strongly perfectionist). It'll be a really long time before I fully know enough about the program to gather the expertise to get the job done RIGHT, to my expectations. This doesn't mean I've given up, it means it'll be a very long time before I finish. :?
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Realy nice job on the renders!! They look stuningly great! Looking very forward to see what else you'll have in store. :D
/v\4¥ 7|-|3 1337 |33 vv17|-| j00!
If you can't read it, it's obviously not.
Draken Stark
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Draken Stark »

Quick question... are those new snapshots of the bases real-time renderings or a set of still pictures?
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

FWIW, There might be a quick 1.3 release before Ogre, to finally push out the balancing changes that have been done since 1.2, which finally obviate the need for autotrackers (pending testing feedback). There are a couple nice cosmetic changes as well. It would mostly be to tide things over until Ogre.
Happy Camper
Merchant
Merchant
Location: Wales - that little sticky out bit to the left of england

Post by Happy Camper »

A another build. Can I test it please please please?
Women. Can't live with them, can't have hetrosexual sex without them. - Dick Solomon ;)
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm also willing to test everything testable... ;)

BTW: Hi Camper, it's a long time ago... :)
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

MamiyaOtaru wrote:FWIW, There might be a quick 1.3 release before Ogre, to finally push out the balancing changes that have been done since 1.2, which finally obviate the need for autotrackers (pending testing feedback). There are a couple nice cosmetic changes as well. It would mostly be to tide things over until Ogre.
This is very welcome news, the AT's are useful for overcoming difficult missions (ie. Demons ) which otherwise would be impossible but this feature detracts from the original feeling of the game.

I'd be very interested in seeing what tweaks have been done and will probably play the entire main missions all over again.

I ran through the original from start to finish in a Galaxy, believe it or not and
would love to do the same in PR 1.3
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I view Auto Trackers a thing that allows me to take on larger bounty missions.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2