Disappearing Equipment

Forum For Privateer Remake
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

A dumb question, what ship are you flying? Milspec ships might have "onboard" equipment you cannot sell.
bikerjosh
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by bikerjosh »

Dilloh wrote:A dumb question, what ship are you flying? Milspec ships might have "onboard" equipment you cannot sell.
Right...but no, its just a centurion.blank. Purchased normally and all. Just one day, the shields up and disappeared from my equipment list. They still function, but I can't sell or upgrade (since I can't sell).
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Is purchasing a new shield item is also forbidden? Have you checked both shield categories (Dual and Quad shield)?

You should not have to sell your old shield to buy a new one. Keep in mind that the shield might have gotten irreparably damaged.

Your ship has built-in shield systems that will operate if the main ones are broken, so even if your ship claims to have shields that doesn't mean it's the expensive ones you bought.

I checked your save game and see no mention of a shield of any upgrade, so it was either sold or lost/destroyed (which can happen if you get hit in the wrong place).

I really doubt this is the case... but
Also, just to make sure, is this Gemini Gold 1.02a you are playing? Or is it 1.01 or 1.00? Have you ever installed a copy of 1.01 or 1.00? If so there's a chance (though small) that might be the cause.
bikerjosh
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by bikerjosh »

ace123 wrote:Is purchasing a new shield item is also forbidden? Have you checked both shield categories (Dual and Quad shield)?

You should not have to sell your old shield to buy a new one. Keep in mind that the shield might have gotten irreparably damaged.

Your ship has built-in shield systems that will operate if the main ones are broken, so even if your ship claims to have shields that doesn't mean it's the expensive ones you bought.

I checked your save game and see no mention of a shield of any upgrade, so it was either sold or lost/destroyed (which can happen if you get hit in the wrong place).

I really doubt this is the case... but
Also, just to make sure, is this Gemini Gold 1.02a you are playing? Or is it 1.01 or 1.00? Have you ever installed a copy of 1.01 or 1.00? If so there's a chance (though small) that might be the cause.
As far as I can tell, it won't let me purchase any shields (and I have tried the cheapest lightest shields, as well as others). As far as I know, I was never damaged to lose the shields that way. Maybe I should reinstall the program, and drop in my save game from there to see if that will fix it.

I'm playing good ol' Privateer Reemake, not gemini gold. Whatever version on the website (1.2?) is what I have since I started playing it maybe 3-4 weeks ago.

Any other thoughts??
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I'm sorry. I misread your version info.

Privateer Gold had a confusing/misleading version number system. I saw the "privateer100" (Privateer Remake) and misread it for "privgold100" (Privateer Gold)... I thought PR had a different version name.

Anyway in that case I believe Privateer 1.2 might have had some bugs about upgrading... in your case you might have lost the cargo *item* (so you can sell it), but kept the shield stats...

I don't know the specifics of the upgrade system except in the most recent version of the engine (used in privateer gold 1.02.1).
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I must say that i have been flying my Demon with low shields and a luck pilot will get a good shot and take out my shield gen, once and for all. Rare though, has happened only three times.

Hmmm, I'll try and download the file to night as i'm at a friends house.

MAS
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Lopaka79
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lopaka79 »

I had this problem in the past and I'm starting to think its not a bug at all. I'm slowly noticing equipment vanishing after I dock with half a ship. Think my first part to go bye bye without warning was my jump-drive. (funny expecting to jump and nothing happening with a lynch mob behind ya, then screaming in your head wtf, while your keyboard takes the blunt of it all JJJJJJJJJ). Since then I've had weapons, radar, and most recently my afterburner take a hike.
Would be nice to have a reminder when something has gone fubar.
ivec
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

possible disapearing equipment bug

Post by ivec »

I'm using Privateer Remake 1.2 binary release downloaded from official web on Windows XP platform.

I just installed the game and noticed a potential bug. When you start a new game you're flying a Tarsus with one laser cannon. If I try to upgrade it with mass driver (or any type of available guns) and select the slot occupied by laser, the laser just disappears. The credit amount is decreased by the price of the new gun. I would expect either the old laser to be sold automatically or the gun slot would be unusable until you sell the laser manually. That would result in credits decrease by buying price of the new gun minus selling price of the used gun.

Would someone care to elaborate this issue?

As one might have noticed, I'm not a native English speaker so pardon my expression style. If there is need for more details or file uploads feel free to ask…

If this isn't the right place for bug tracking and support, would you please direct me to the right place?

--
It is of course well known that careless talk costs lives, but the full scale of the problem is not always appreciated. - Douglas Adams
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Yes, that's a remnant of an older version of the Vega Strike engine.

Basically to deal with the old upgrading engine best I recommend that you sell components before upgrading them (if you have plasteel armor, sell it first before buying the tungsten)...

The newer version of the engine is used in Privateer Gemini Gold1.2.a or whatever.