Mission pay bug

Forum For Privateer Remake
Charlie Whiskey
Merchant
Merchant

Mission pay bug

Post by Charlie Whiskey »

I haven't noticed it before or it doesn't happen with smaller ships, but with the Drayman cargo missions very often I either don't get paid or get paid much less than advertised. The "thanks for your effort" messages appear alright so it wasn't my fault in anyway. I haven't noticed the pattern though.

[EDIT] Once I took on a second mission going to the same destination as the first but noticed that no extra goods were loaded onboard. The mission wasn't scraped for not enough space but I didn't get paid at the destination either.
hunger
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by hunger »

And I thought I was going insane. I think this happened to me a few times but ignored it (thinking maybe it was repairs, fuel or something). However the last cargo run went too far: I was supposed to net 30 000 (I'm a rookie to this game, that's big cash), instead I got zip. Zero. Nada. Nothing. I took two (cargo run) missions to the same destination. I was delivering frozen passengers to Liverpool mining station. Can't remember if the other mission also had the same cargo (gotta check that). So not only the game doesn't inform the pilot how much space the mission cargo takes but it even doesn't bother to check whether the ship has enough space to hold it altogether. I'd say the programmers need to drink more coffee :) (or some other mind altering stimulants, heh). Good game though.. kinda like diamond that just needs polishing... a good dose of polishing.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Mission pay bug

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

Charlie Whiskey wrote:I haven't noticed it before or it doesn't happen with smaller ships, but with the Drayman cargo missions very often I either don't get paid or get paid much less than advertised.
Yes, I noticed this too. Since I'm flying a Galaxy or a Centurion it happens with smaller ships, too.

Did you take the missions from the merchant guild or the central computer? Maybe the clients are not so trustable?

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

it happens if you take 2missions of the same good or own some of the good already before taking the mission
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Nur-Ab-Sal
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nur-Ab-Sal »

hellcatv wrote:it happens if you take 2missions of the same good or own some of the good already before taking the mission
Ah, thanks, good to know.

I expect the bug will be fixed in the next version?

When can we expect version 1.3 or 1.2.1 with bugfixes for the vanishing items or the missing cargo pay?

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.
ijuin
Hunter
Hunter

Post by ijuin »

This bug is especially visible when taking cargo missions from Perry Naval Base, since Perry has only one type of cargo available (weaponry).
He who lives by the sword . . . gets shot by he who lives by the gun.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

ya we'll try to eliminate those missions from being offered
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
drvoke
Merchant
Merchant

Post by drvoke »

Happened to me as well. I thought I was crazy, but I added up the stated pay for all three missions up to 62129 credits. I got somewhere along the lines of 20000 credits, and I almost got blown apart several times while making the run.

Glad to see this is a known issue.
My poems crush bones into powder,
You mumble like a coward,
I'm Mos Def, you need to speak louder!
(Speed Law)