Am I Stuck?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Greate Pier
Trader
Trader

Am I Stuck?

Post by Greate Pier »

After all those years, I finally get to play Privateer :) Bought it way back when but I never could get my puter to run it.

Anyway, I'm on a mission to explore Delta Prima yet there is nothing there but the jump point back to Gamma and a single Talon (it respawns once after I kill it).

I had done this mission before and found a Derelict alien station and installed the Steltek gun, but didn't save. When I flew out again, I found the Drone waiting for me and figured I'd kill it with the new Steltek Gun, but I couldn't scratch it. Rather than make a run for it (which I guess I should have done), I let it kill me to redo the mission, but now whenever I come to Delta Prime, there's nothing there and not nearly enough fuel to get back to civilization...

So tell me, how stuck am I?

TIA,
GP
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

did you talk to taryn cross again?
do you have an old save before this happened? I think you may only have gotten one shot at this

if not we could potentially move your campaign stuff back a bit by editing your savegame... if you want
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Greate Pier
Trader
Trader

Post by Greate Pier »

Yeah, I tried talking to her again (I had a save file from just after I had accepted the mission), but after 2 tries it still wasn't there. I just restarted but hacked myself some extra starting cash so I could start the campaign immediately with the same ship I had. So far, so good. The drone's dead and I'm now just wondering what I'll come across next...
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

go to xxn1927 and land on Jolson

or else go to Tingerhoff and munich
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/