Where did my armor go?

Forum For Privateer Remake
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Where did my armor go?

Post by KnightLight »

I took a few armor hits running Brilliance for Tayla, and now for some reason I can't see my armor to repair it. It doesn't show up in the in-flight damage report screen or the equipment screen in the ship dealer, but I can't buy a new set of armor. So here I am, running around with busted armor that I can't even see to sell or fix.
Suggestions?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

basic repair? sell and buy other items like hull?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Post by KnightLight »

Tried that. The armor is still dinged up.
tar
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by tar »

i had the same problem: armor was not showing up, but couldn't buy new one ... ended up selling my centurion and buying a new one, of course i lost quite some money with that 'deal'.

but i was too lazy to try to fiddle with the savefile and earning the money to get all my guns, autotrackers, etc again was definitely more fun than hacking the file :D
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Post by KnightLight »

Blargh!
It keeps happening!
Good thing I keep several save files, but it seems that randomly when I get damaged my tungsten armor just vanishes and can't be repaired or replaced.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

if you could zip up a save file when it happens I'd like to see it--mabye we can fix it for 1.3
send it to privater@gmail.com for any of the staff to see
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Post by KnightLight »

Next time it happens I'll do that. It seems to be a persistent bug.
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Post by KnightLight »

Happened AGAIN... saved and sent.
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

i remember last time i was playing through the Campaign i had this happen to my B&S Omni, it just vanished, i couldnt repair it, it didnt work but it was still there.

a bit late for sending the save now, as it was about 2 months ago, but anyway, my shields have disappeared on my centurion, they still work the same but they dont show up on the upgrade menu or on the damage report when im in flight... weird...
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Post by KnightLight »

Hmmm. When that happens, if I sell my hull and buy it back I can buy a new armor as well.
John Cordell
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by John Cordell »

So you sold your armor from the Tarsus and bought it back with the centurion. Now you can't buy an armor for the centurion only when you sell the hull first? Is that right?
Privateer Gemini Gold
privateer.sourceforge.net
rockstar
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rockstar »

This bug happened to me while playing PR two days ago. I bought a new Orion to test the ship a little bit ingame. I was upgrading at Perry and because there's no repair AI available I sold the one of my Stiletto to buy it again for Orion. No problems so far, but when trying to buy it for Orion the game refused. I decided to give a fuck about and buy a repair driod advance. Same problem here... narf.
I tried playing w/o the repair stuff and every damaged part of my ship disappeard... so finally I had no upgrades and could not buy new stuff for other ships. I played a bit with Stiletto then and one hour later after an evil clean sweep all damaged upgrades disappeared as well.
I deleted this save game and tried another one after game restart. Worked fine...
Be lenient with my english skills... still using a dictonary. http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
hunger
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by hunger »

Lately I've also seen my ship's armor disappearing. Not completely but it just won't regenarate after repairing it in station. I suspect it started happening after buying that fancy new repair droid (2nd most expensive)... how about you? Do you use repair droids? Any similar experiences after buying a rep droid? Gotta try selling that droid and see what happens...
TJ01
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by TJ01 »

I've had this annoying bug. I'm pretty sure that the armor is fully repaired even though it doesn't show up on your in-flight screen. A simple solution, however, is to sell your armor and buy it back immediately. It only sets you back by a thousand credits, but at least you don't get the inconvenience of not knowing how much of your armor is left during a fight.
mostly_harmless
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mostly_harmless »

ive had that... after a few good dings the armour is still there, but not in the shipyard so i cant repair it

way i got around it was selling the hull and rebuying the hull
that seems to reset the armour to 0, so then can buy armour back
Die by the very weapons you adore!