Can't find tachyon cannons!

Forum For Privateer Remake
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Can't find tachyon cannons!

Post by KnightLight »

I started a new game and I haven't taken the first campaign mission yet. I've been doing cargo missions in my Tarsus because I want to get a Centurion before things start to get nasty. I have enough for the Centurion, but for the life of me I can't find a tachyon cannon to buy anywhere, even at Perry Naval Base. The only heavy guns available are plasma and ion. Do I have to start the campaign or join the merc guild before I can get some tachyon guns?

By the way, hi, this is my first post on this forum.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I don't think you have to do anything to make them available.
Perhaps you're just out of luck... the market fluctuates, and sometimes they have them in stock, sometimes not. Try again later, and again a few times, until you get lucky.

PS: Try at perry... I don't think they're available anywhere else normally.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Post by KnightLight »

Bleh, guess I'll keep running cargo in my Tarsus for a bit, then. I suppose about 500K will let me get a Centurion and kit it out decently, hehe.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

KnightLight wrote: I suppose about 500K will let me get a Centurion and kit it out decently, hehe.
Ha, forget it... if you want autotrackers and all the stuff you'll need at lest 1.5 million....

about the tachs. take a second look at perry. you won't find them under heavy guns. there is a special entry on perry in the weapons entry called special confed. weapons or something like this... you'll find the tachs there...
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
KnightLight
Trader
Trader

Post by KnightLight »

Yup, found 'em.
And I bought the autotrackers later. :P
This reminds me of the WC3 Excalibur, heh.
El Mero
Trader
Trader

Tachyon Guns

Post by El Mero »

The Tachyon Guns can be found on Perry Naval Base. I haven´t seen them anywhere alse.
Maybe on a Confed Cap ship, but I didn´t look there after I got them at Perry.
Anyway, Perry Naval Base is the best place to upgrade your ship. There´s everything you need, if you got the cash, and if you want Tachyon Guns with autotracking you need about 1 million Cradits or even more. Only the autotracking devices cost 90k each. (but they are very helpfull). I also got 4 Tachyons with autotracking in PR. In RF I prefer the Fusion guns, since the steltek got stolen.