oxford 3

Forum For Privateer Remake
chief
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

oxford 3

Post by chief »

You can also edit the "campaign.py"-file in the "modules"-folder. Go to oxford-mission 3, in line 1112 (#mission arguments) and replace "demon" with "talon" or even "talon.blank". Now you can win the mission. Perhaps not on the first run, but not after a week.
Wendy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: oxford 3

Post by Wendy »

chief wrote:You can also edit the "campaign.py"-file in the "modules"-folder. Go to oxford-mission 3, in line 1112 (#mission arguments) and replace "demon" with "talon" or even "talon.blank". Now you can win the mission. Perhaps not on the first run, but not after a week.
Very true, but I like to be able to reset to normal quickly and easily.

I have two different tractor beams in my game. One for the cheat games and one for the standard games.

That way I can play a regulation game and give things a fair play-test. Changing the mission is something I leave up to the developers like Daniel. I KNOW I can change things globally to suit, but then I can't give the game a fair play test.

W.
=============================
Don't laugh, you ASKED me to break it!
I find television very educational.
Everytime someone turns on a set,
I go in another room and read a book.
--Groucho Marx
==============================
Wolfhound
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Wolfhound »

chief wrote:You can also edit the "campaign.py"-file in the "modules"-folder. Go to oxford-mission 3, in line 1112 (#mission arguments) and replace "demon" with "talon" or even "talon.blank". Now you can win the mission. Perhaps not on the first run, but not after a week.
Thanks Chief. That mission had been impossible to complete with the Demons. I managed to get it done the first time against the Talons. I just couldn't hit the Demons even with autotracking and even 20 FF missiles wasn't enough.
Wendy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Wendy »

No it wasn't.

Then you get the obvious loner like me. I have reportcards from olden-days, the wunnerful days of yester-year, that say, doesn't play or get along well with others....

For me, it's a solitary gig, I hate having wingmen get in my way. Blam! Oh, gee, dude, sorry about that. Didn't mean to take off the eingines like that.... Yes I KNOW I'm on your side, but why'd you get between me and the bad guy?

W.
Don't laugh, you ASKED me to break it!
I find television very educational.
Everytime someone turns on a set,
I go in another room and read a book.
--Groucho Marx
==============================
StahlX
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by StahlX »

:oops:

You can also edit the "campaign.py"-file in the "modules"-folder. Go to oxford-mission 3, in line 1112 (#mission arguments) and replace "demon" with "talon" or even "talon.blank". Now you can win the mission. Perhaps not on the first run, but not after a week.

this dont work here.....

Can anyone upload the manipulated campaign.py please?
:roll:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome StahlX if you noticed this is an old thread there may have been changes so this little hack may no longer be valid :( Lots of the PR guys hang here now http://wcjunction.com/phpBB2/index.php? ... 5198c7191f

there is also a couple new campaigns to fly.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
philbert
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by philbert »

Im having the same issue...cant get the edits I did in the campaigns.py to reflect in the game...still have all Demons and no Talons :( . Any other suggestions would be welcome?? - Got by this...I had a saved game and when I loaded it the changes didnt take..I loaded a previous game that didnt have the missin saved and it worked fine...Thanks.