Enemy of the State ...or: How I Did Blow Up Perry Naval Base

Forum For Privateer Remake
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Privateer Ferrius wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:BTW. Those confeds. are good losers. After I killed Perry my relations went down to +43 from +100.

Ach... they simply can appreciate a little fun among good friends... LOL.

Other thing. After I saved the game and reloaded, Perry was abck again. I consider this as kind of fraud... :evil:
They rebuilt it, obviously. It's a frontline confederate naval base, you think they'd have an emergency plan to do that kind of thing, especially with the green death the cats are packing these days. The real kicker would be if it came back again - maybe it has nine lives? ;)

What surprises me, is that you had so little fighter resistance. At one point, the Perry base had over two hundred fighters, at least ten of which were Crossbow cap-hunters. As to the faction change, that would seem to be a faction system bug.
:D

You shouldn't take it this serious. The thing is: Bases were never meant to be destroyed in Privateer. The ability of owning capships and having cargo wingmen screws the game balance a little in this matter. And because Perry wasn't meant to be destroyed, the game doesen't save this information. IIRC, every system is created newly, as son as you visit it again...
Try and destroy a base in WCU... ;) IIRC, you won't see this again...
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

WCU has the opposite problem... try to be there when, say, a pirate attacks a freighter near Perry or New Const. TONS of ships scramble.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

That's what -should- happen though - merchants (or presumably, privateers on the right side of the law) travelling within the juristiction of the Confed's space, do so under their protection. I have a word for pirates or terrorists that fly that close to a frontline naval base: suicide.

It always struck me as odd when Gothris were jetting around the Perry system unchecked.
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu