Delta-Prime no base (Spoiler)

Forum For Privateer Remake
Siralec
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Delta-Prime no base (Spoiler)

Post by Siralec »

Hi,

I am flying the last of the Rygannon missions. When I jump to Delta Prime, there is no alien base. The only navpoint in DeltaPrime is the jumppoint back. So I can't get a steltek gun.

Can anyone help me?

Alex
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

hmm maybe send me your savegame...
if you died in pursuit of it before that could potentially cause a bug

did you talk to Taryn Cross...
try restarting the game... maybe load from mission 3 and don't die while the game's already running
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Wendy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Wendy »

hellcatv wrote:hmm maybe send me your savegame...
if you died in pursuit of it before that could potentially cause a bug

did you talk to Taryn Cross...
try restarting the game... maybe load from mission 3 and don't die while the game's already running
Didn't you fix this one in Beta 9a or b?

Sounds VERY familiar.

W
=============================
Don't laugh, you ASKED me to break it!
=============================
I find television very educational.
Everytime someone turns on a set,
I go in another room and read a book.
--Groucho Marx
==============================
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

we did...
but then we added the ability for loading a savegame to wipe out all flying ships around you...
somethign which wasn't in 9b
this ability essentially killed all ships in the air (incl the drone) in order to respawn them)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Ekzebiche
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ekzebiche »

Damn it... I've experienced this bug too, though i didn't died. Reloaded, then again, killed that swarm of dralthi, kamekh, picked up loot, jupmed to Delta-prime and again - no base.... And i havent enough fuel for return...
Ekzebiche
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ekzebiche »

Third time i've loaded save file with previous mission, and completed two missions again. Result was similar - no base. Gentlemen, maybe somebody knows what's wrong?
alkan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by alkan »

Hellos

I had encountered this problem before, by a stroke of luck I got the derelict and drone back by this way..

save before the last mission, the last mission basically tells u to go to Delta-Prime so it is a no-hassle run and hit N when u are in Delta-Prime to search for the derelict. No derelict, reload and retry again and again. I got my derelict back after a few tries.

Note that what worked for me may not work for u, so I cannot garuantee that ths way will surely works. No harm trying as reloading a previous saved game ie: before u meet Taryn Cross will not help either.

Regards
Alkan
Ekzebiche
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ekzebiche »

Sorry... That was another mission :))
Summy
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Summy »

About this bug, if i remember correctly i had the same problem with the original game. You have only one try to dock with the derelict and go back to rygannon alive. I had to restart the original game a lot of times before I found out what to do (dock with the derelict and dont fight the drone).
Sm0k3y
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Sm0k3y »

Summy wrote:About this bug, if i remember correctly i had the same problem with the original game. You have only one try to dock with the derelict and go back to rygannon alive. I had to restart the original game a lot of times before I found out what to do (dock with the derelict and dont fight the drone).
are you serious? the only way to fix this is to restart the campaign?
bugga!
zeo1234
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by zeo1234 »

This may be unique to Sm0k3y's particular save game but it wasn't a total loss. The final exploration mission could still be done, it's just the Steltek Derelict and Drone would be missing.

But editing the save game ship file to have the Steltek Gun mounted still allows you to finish the PR Campaign.

You just won't be chased by the Drone until you face it in the final battle after having the gun upgraded to a Boosted Steltek, which you will also need to start the RF campaign.
Sm0k3y
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Sm0k3y »

Hi

I deleted the "drone" lines from my save game and voila! the derelict reappeared and i managed to obtain the steltek
however, once I started the mission where u fight the drone it disappeared :(

still workin on that one..
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I noticed that when you save and exit the game it does that. At lest that was what happened to me.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2