What was the worst enemy ship you ever had to fight?

Forum For Privateer Remake

Choose the Most Frightening Enemy Vessel

Centurion
3%
Centurion
3%
Demon
20%
Demon
20%
Orion
No votes
Orion
No votes
Galaxy
No votes
Galaxy
No votes
Drayman
No votes
Drayman
No votes
Talon (hehe)
2%
Talon (hehe)
2%
Broadsword
5%
Broadsword
5%
Gladius
No votes
Gladius
No votes
Stiletto
3%
Stiletto
3%
Paradigm
3%
Paradigm
3%
Dralthi
2%
Dralthi
2%
Gothri
3%
Gothri
3%
Sathi
1%
Sathi
1%
Kamekh
4%
Kamekh
4%
The Drone
3%
The Drone
3%

Total votes: 118

Cockroach
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Cockroach »

1. Demon: nearly impossible to hit, reasonably armed, FAST. Had a bounty hunter blow me away after I helped him fight squad of Dralthi in my Galaxy. I apparently hit him with turret fire or something....

2. Dralthi: very maneuverable, with a low profile, dangerous in a pack. Easy target from above/below if you can catch it not aiming at you

Others
Gothri: easier to stay away from the main guns than a Dralthi, but still potent.
Paradigm/Kamekh: easy as long as you stay moving when you are in front.
Broadsword: similar, just fight it like a capship.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I had to get autotrackers on my guns before doing palen missions. Thank Goodness I'm past that.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Night10194
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Night10194 »

Good god, the Dralthi are everywhere!

Demons never seemed as hard to hit or kill as those damnable Dralthi.
Been flying in Wing Commander for 10 years now, and I'm convinced it's why I hate cats!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

You must have better aiming than i! :D

Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

How come a talon can have two neutrons and a particle gun and fire it over and over when with their reactor you would only two shots out of it?

Not the right post, but was alarmed to see it down so low.

Team Fortress 2
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Parallel Universe Mod most deadly ships

Post by z30 »

With faster regenerating shields (level 3 & up), improved armor, missiles and guns with faster velocities I predict that the Demons won't be as overwhelming in the user mod.

Draymans won't be that easy a target anymore either so the Ox3 mission shouldn't be excruciatingly difficult - even without autotracking.

Gothris will be more of a threat though, being heavy enough to take advantage of all the improvements in weaponry & shielding. Plus, Kilrathi ships tend to travel in packs unlike Hunters who normally solo.

Dralthis are still very hard to hit though with the toned down lasers (from 6 MJ to 5 MJ damage each) they aren't as devastating as before and will probably have problems taking down anything with heavy shielding.

Anything with two turrets or more will be deadlier. Higher bolt velocities means greater accuracy.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Re: Parallel Universe Mod most deadly ships

z30 wrote: Dralthis are still very hard to hit though with the toned down lasers (from 6 MJ to 5 MJ damage each) they aren't as devastating as before and will probably have problems taking down anything with heavy shielding.
But then again, they travel in packs.

Team Fortress 2
ozyran
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ozyran »

The worst for me was a Kamekh. My ship was a Centurion equipped only with lasers and some heat-seeking missiles - definitely NOT something to take on a capship with!
1 John 3:16 - a creed to live by.
rlaan
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rlaan »

by defeating the steltek drone with a Redeemer Courvett (1/2 the big like a drayman) the confed broadswords and the paradigem hit me so many by trying to shoot the drone, that i have burnig fight down all confed vehikels in the system... and then i have killd the mostly harmless drone ^^
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I wrote:You asked for the worst SINGLE craft. NOT FLEET. Hmm, just today I fought 7 Retro Talons. I survived that though I did come out limping. But on the bright side they came out in my cargo hold under Contraband and I just found out that Perry pays a lot for Contraband. I repair and take on a Bounty Mission of Gothri type craft. I thought it said 1 wingman until I got to Palan or some other system. It turned out to be 11. I kinda missed a 1. I lost my Radar, Com Link, Shields, and a myriad of other things. In the end I had to head to the local asteroid field were each one meet there end.
I thought 7 talons was hard. Hmmm. 2 Broadswords, 3 ferrets, 8 talons, 1 gladius, 3 kukhri, 2 raptors, 1 hornet.

the Broadswords, the ferrets, and the kukhri and the raptors were spawned for the mission but the rest decided to join in the fight as i was carrying contraband.

Team Fortress 2
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

For me the worst single ship is the paradigm, nothing else is a problem. The paradigm is just one massive, floating gun platform even if they are only lasers.

As for "group of ships" the demons in the Palan missions were very hard, I had to do those missions 10 or 12 times each before getting lucky and beating them, also the huge swarm fo dralthi when you get to exploring gamma system was also VERY hard.

But lets face it, ANY LARGE GROUP of ships attacking you is bound to be difficult if not deadly, so it's not really relevant to the poll. :wink:

The Oxford missions were easy for me. Here's a tip for anyone having trouble there. If your Rep with the hunters is friendly (the target box is blue)and they're busy attacking the ships you're sent to defend just taunt them into attacking you. If you press [3] and or [4] you will communicate unfriendly messages. Do this repeatedly until the target box turns red. Then at least that target will come after you as well as the ship you're trying to defend. Do this for each of the hunters as you target them. Good Hunting!! :)
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

If you're looking for a real challenge, try to earn your money by mining an asteroid field. It takes about 20 minutes to fill up your cargo space with raw materials and as soon as you loose patience and afterburn towards a mined object, you'll get hit. So I miss asteroids in this list.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

A freind did that once. I don't think he's back yet.