Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

The Paradigm - WOW

Post by Vinci »

Okay, this is just wicked...
I finally got to purchase the Paradim today,
it's got 100000 cargo hold :)

And i noticed somewhere on this board somebody mentioning
that cargo hold would affect what kind of cargo missions you could get... IT SURE DOES!! :shock:

In the merchant guild, the missions i get there are for 20-30 millions each... It's crazy. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

One thing I am wondering about though, the heavy turrets on the Paradigm doesn't seem to be working??
So the ship itself sucks bad when it comes to fighting, sure it's got armor and shield... but it moves like a whale on land, so getting the fast flying demon's in you sight ain't an easy task.

Enough ranting... Thank you developers for making this absolutely fantastic remake of the allready great game Privateer. Hope to see some upgrade possibilties for the turrets on the Paradim soon 8) Thanks!
Vinci

Explorer extraordinare
Moltke666
Merchant
Merchant

Re: The Paradigm - WOW

Post by Moltke666 »

Vinci wrote:Okay, this is just wicked...
I finally got to purchase the Paradim today,
it's got 100000 cargo hold :)

And i noticed somewhere on this board somebody mentioning
that cargo hold would affect what kind of cargo missions you could get... IT SURE DOES!! :shock:

In the merchant guild, the missions i get there are for 20-30 millions each... It's crazy. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

One thing I am wondering about though, the heavy turrets on the Paradigm doesn't seem to be working??
So the ship itself sucks bad when it comes to fighting, sure it's got armor and shield... but it moves like a whale on land, so getting the fast flying demon's in you sight ain't an easy task.

Enough ranting... Thank you developers for making this absolutely fantastic remake of the allready great game Privateer. Hope to see some upgrade possibilties for the turrets on the Paradim soon 8) Thanks!

Where did you find it?

Thanks in advance.

Marc
alkan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by alkan »

How to find paradigm..

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

kill the drone,

go to perry immediately, upon docking at perry u should see a cutscene of the alien ship tractoring the drone.

go to admiral terrell for his congratulations

go to ship upgrade area and u'll see the one and only paradigm for sale under deprecated

seems to me that's the only way u can get the paradigm, i've yet to see another one for sale after that although after admiral terrell's congratulations u'll get access to broadswords, stilletos etc and they will be purchasable at various places, i've never seen another paradigm again...

Regards
Alkan
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

How much did it cost to buy it? I want to make sure I can afford it when the time comes.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

wow cool bug you discovered

Deprecated means it was supposed to be removed from the engine for good

but apparently you noticed it was there for a brief moment.... good catch ;-)
now I'm wondering if we should remove it for 1.3 lol
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Actually, after you do the Materson missions, the Drayman becomes available as Deprecated as well, just for that one area. I understand it becomes available elsewhere later though. And please don't take the Paradigm. Its being able to buy things like that which make the remake so much fun.
Hyena
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Hyena »

Maybe someone has something pointed at the 'old' ship designs when they becom unlocked? I say this, because when the talon came up for sale at the commodity exchange after Tayla's missions, it was also the 'depreciated' version. Haven't seen talons for sale since

Maybe the bonus-ship code is fugged up? Pointing to 'depreciated' ships, forcing them to come for sale when they get unlocked, but since they are depreciated they dont stay for sale?
alkan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by alkan »

Hi

Paradigm costs 8.7 million credits and it is going to be the only one and only spot and the only time ( after killing drone, only at perry )to buy it, u will never get to see another for sale again.

It is milspec version and has a cargo of random stuff and selling those cargo has some effects on the equipment, that i'll leave u to find out heh...will leave u flustered and if u had read some previous posts, stuff associated with paradigm is buggy but it's still a worthy buy. look up cargo missions after that to find out.

Regards Alkan
[/quote]
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

yeah, i already heard about the paradigm and its equipment wierdness. I can deal( I hope :) )Thanks for the price info. Now I shouldn't have to edit save games.
Qualidor
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Qualidor »

Any chance the buggy equipment fiasco could be fixed for 1.3? :D
Moltke666
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Moltke666 »

blue_paladin42 wrote:Actually, after you do the Materson missions, the Drayman becomes available as Deprecated as well, just for that one area. I understand it becomes available elsewhere later though. And please don't take the Paradigm. Its being able to buy things like that which make the remake so much fun.
Any idea of when I buy the Paradigm my Centurion ship remains the default ship and then I cannot rebuy the Paradigm.

I can never upgrade or repair the Paradigm it just simply says that I own one.

There seems to be nothing I can do about it?

Marc
cerewa
Explorer
Explorer

re:last post

Post by cerewa »

did you buy your paradigm in the commodity exchange? if so, sell it and then go to the ship dealer and buy it there.
kreitzig
Explorer
Explorer
Location: ?? Why, sitting at my desk...upright, of course!! No, no...I wasn't sleeping.

Post by kreitzig »

Interesting, when I found the Talon on Pentonville, after finishing the Tayla missions, I saw 2 Talons for sale. A "deprecated" and a pirate. The only problem was that they both showed up in red, so I couldn't purchase them. It was in the Commodity Exchange, since Pentonville doesn't have a Ship Dealer.
Wendy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

SPOILER

Post by Wendy »

kreitzig wrote:Interesting, when I found the Talon on Pentonville, after finishing the Tayla missions, I saw 2 Talons for sale. A "deprecated" and a pirate. The only problem was that they both showed up in red, so I couldn't purchase them. It was in the Commodity Exchange, since Pentonville doesn't have a Ship Dealer.
Bought mine at the mission computer.

Ships heading.
=============================
Don't laugh, you ASKED me to break it!
=============================
I find television very educational.
Everytime someone turns on a set,
I go in another room and read a book.
--Groucho Marx
==============================
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

hellcatv wrote:wow cool bug you discovered

Deprecated means it was supposed to be removed from the engine for good

but apparently you noticed it was there for a brief moment.... good catch ;-)
now I'm wondering if we should remove it for 1.3 lol
I would say leave it...I haven't really played the Remake since 1.2 came out (no time) but I can't see any reason it should be removed, unless it's massively buggy for whatever reason.
alkan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by alkan »

I am making a guess why hellcatv thinks of removing paradigm in 1.3 :wink:

One will probably never bother about doing any kind of missions after acquiring a paradigm and made a few cargo runs :D

Regards

Alkan
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Think of how many missins you did to actually be able top AFFORD one. 8.7 mil is a ton of money. If you can afford a paradigm, then you deserve a break :D. My guess is that he thinks it might be a danger to bases. See spaceman Spiff's spiffy post entitled "enemy of the state"

BTW, can anyone see my avatar? It doesn't seem to want to display.:(
alkan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by alkan »

a break yes, but if the lowest priced cargo run lets u break even the cost of the paradigm plus profits to buy another seems too much :P .

and I need to go try killing bases with my paradigm with fusion guns...should be fun.

Regards
Alkan
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Gotta admit though, owning your own capitol ship is downright entertaining :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

no argument there :)

WCU wise, we expect to have 2 or 3 capships flyable -- drayman, caernaven and maybe a special capship as part of the plot. Any balancing suggestions for those are very appreciated!!!!

The main point of capships will be that they will be able to house a few fighters -- the drayman gets 1 or 2 and there will be a "mini carrier conversion" in the plot to let it carry 5 or 6, the caernaven gets 2 or 3 and features an antimatter gun so you can shoot at capships and bases.

What I would recommend for 1.3 is use the WCU paradigm cockpit and have a special sellable version of the paradigm that's toned down a bit, especially the cargo space... it's fairly doable :) I did.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

I kinda like the cearnaven cockpit. But I was wondering how I might change the ship's external model to look more like the Cearnaven from WCIII. I personally liked that design better :D It would also be pretty cool to own some of the old school wing commander capships, like the Exeter, but I can't think of how to work that in at all, without cheating anyway.
yziser
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by yziser »

[quote="blue_paladin42"]Think of how many missins you did to actually be able top AFFORD one. 8.7 mil is a ton of money. quote]

Actually its pretty easy making millions with a drayman
you can fly cargo missions which pay 1-2 miillion each!

the tricky part is earning 1.5mil in order to buy one, but thats not too tough either, just fly some cargo runs with a galexy for a few hours :D
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Except you probably wont have a drayman before you get a paradigm. Unless you got the drayman right after matersons missions, then the drayman and paradigm become available at the same time, and the paradigm is one time only.
Wisq
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Wisq »

I don't play the WC mods, but I've heard that cargo missions pay more in big ships because the holds are bigger -- hence, more cargo, more money.

To avoid insane rewards in big ships, isn't the simpler solution just to put a random cap on cargo mission quantity (hence, reward)? It seems somewhat unlikely that all merchants have an infinite amount of cargo to move, and even less so that they'll entrust it all to a single courier. ;)
zbyszanna
Hunter
Hunter

Post by zbyszanna »

Infinte maybe not, but think about people who pay 100x more for delivering the cargo than this cargo is worth itself. Large amounts shouldn't be strange, as we talk about intergalactic trade (maybe sector ;) ) - the scale is just different. But yes, i think that mission pays aren't the best part of the game.