DEVELOPERS hey can you do me a little favour?

Forum For Privateer Remake
ToBeDeletedSpam
Trader
Trader

DEVELOPERS hey can you do me a little favour?

Post by ToBeDeletedSpam »

can you swiftly edit the demon file for higher reactor and shields in RF?

letssay level 4 reactor like tarsus and level 3 shields not more

if its too much work to change two digits tell me how i can find these two numbersand i hexedit it
but igot no clue jsut a compiled file
would be cool if you help me

BTW the two light rocketmounts are just a s i ng le rocket
a quick fixof that would be cool too

just post afile or tell me how to fix it with hex works
im newinit but illget out
dont forget to tell the compileorders ie unsigned long or short byte or intel orderor motorola or rawhex or what

A: you fix t w o digits and recompile wquickly
and give me a swift load
or
B: you couldtellme how I COULD hex edit this shit
thanks
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Better late than never...

I found this thread and thought it would be interesting to create a "Demon Reloaded" because with all the MK2 ships you have in PU, it would be just one more. I know that there've been discussions about the Demon being too strong but I'd like to give it a try anyway because I want to do a little sidestep into ship rebalance. Maybe it'll be in the next canonHUDs.

So folks, what'd you like to have in this baby?

I'd like to enhance speed to max 2000 afterburnered, change shields, reduce guns to three or two, maybe disable launchers completely and reduce cargo bay to maybe zero. It can be a mercenary scout or blockade runner (though it can't haul too much cargo). I don't want to create a(nother) god ship.
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

well, you know, all these people are talking about 'light fighters' and none of them fill the actual role..
a light fighter, should have a very narrow profile.. be horribly fast, with an extreme turning.. but no shields or armor to speak of..
all the light fighters in the game... usually end up being the "cheap" fighter.. the one you buy when you cant aford something else.. with no reason to use it..

i can think of a few classes of ship..

the interceptor/scout ship (what a light fighter should be, with like 2000 afterburner speed but three fusion hits would likely take it out)

the dog fighter (balanced between speed, damage, and shields/armor.. probably 3 guns.. set close together, with a medium armor, and two missile slots.. max speed of 1000 on afterburner..)

the gunboat (mostly light turrets, maybe 5 of them, and usually pretty slow, main thing is to be able to blast anything out of the sky before it gets hit.. medium armor and shields, using most space for weapons.)

the bomber (only two guns.. by say 8 missile bays.. and hey, shouldnt we have shipkillers in the game? those really slow moving, but high damage nukes and such?)

the carrier (maybe 2-3 turrets and one forward gun.. a turret on butt, one on top one on bottom.. and the forward gun. but can house a shitload of cargo or fighers.. like 10 interceptors)

cargo crawler (we already have this, the drayman, its about balanced for what it should be.. except that it needs a damn light turret on its butt.. that aside, its there)

corvette/cruiser (what you guys are calling capships.. medium to large.. cant land on a planet.. depending on the style, its either fully decked with turrets, missiles, or a bit of both.. maybe room for one or two interceptors.. should have a single medium beam weapon hardmounted to the front, for cap ship killing while taking out fighters as well.. should have a max speed of some where like 350-500 and 1800 in afterburner.. yes, its fast.. but it shouldnt be able to turn worth shit.. and its acceleration should take ages. its mostly engine and weapons afterall, high mass, high max speed.. but little else.)

capital ship (about twice the size of one of those paradigms.. with full turret coverage.. multiple beam turrets.. and the forward guns should just be a single spine mounted heavy beam weapon.. think freespace, or star wars deathstar.. a moon coring weapon. used mainly for taking out bases, or some times, a swath through a dense battle field, to kill fighters in one hit.. corvets/cruisers in just a few seconds of beam..)

that, is what a balanced ship state would be..

maybe, just maybe, you could get a corvette or cruiser.. (btw, the differnce between, is corvette is civilian, cruiser is military.)

might even want some ai drone ships.. tiny things, even smaller than interceptors, one hit kills.. but very tiny, with a single weapon.. a carrior could be filled with like 100 of these things, a cloud of little mobile weapons.

of course, some of what im talking about, the ai system would have to be rewritten pretty much.. to give differnt tactics.. so cap ships dont try to act like interceptors and so on.. and ai drones, and interceptors would constantly move, never going on a strafing run.. spinning, whirling, taking potshots.. while a normal fighters/bombers would do the strafing runs.. the gunboats would take out the drones and interceptors.. carriers would stay off to the side, trying to stay out of the fray.. cruisers would dive in, guns blazing, then run out the other side.. do a high G turn, and dive in the other side, letting its turrets and missiles do most the work on their own.. and trying to keep very fast, so as not to be hit much..

cap ships would just sit there.. soaking damage, while dishing out devistating blow after blow.. raining death in all directions.. and almost impervious to anything but a few cap ship missiles, and medium/high energy beam weapons..

perhapse annother class of ship, that acts sorta like the cap ship.. something with alot of shields and armor, slow, and like 2 heavy turrets, and one heavy weapon mount on the front.. but small.. so small shit would just be useless at killing it, due to it having so much shields and armor.. need a fighter/bomber to take it down..

then the bountyhunter ship, ie, demon..
with 2-3 medium turrets, and 4 guns on the front 2 missiles, medium speed, 1000 in afterburner.. medium armor/shields
this would be the best all rounder ship.. made for long alone voyages.. the centurian and demon would fit in this category i think.. it can take on or flee from most things.. but when it comes to a real battle, it isnt specialized enough to survive... low enough shields and armor that a gunboat would chew it to pieces.. unless its taking the gunboat out with missiles.. more than 5 interceptors could peck at it enough.. and could out run most of its shit..
and it doesnt have the weapons loadout to take on a cap or cruiser.. only very good against fighters and bombers, since its fast enough to evade missiles, and has the weaponry to take on a fighter, while being at a similar speed for dogfighting.. this would likely be the most common player used ship.
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

ok that was longer than anticipated.. >.> hope it gives you an idea of how to balance.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Well I think I'd like to balance into the other direction. A demon with two turrets is not what I thought of. I'd favor to make more light ships, cheaper, slower, weaker, so battles would last longer and you'd really have to think about who you attack or not, as it was in the original.
Zool
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Zool »

I agree with Dilloh, especially with the Demon. A small but very powerful ship. I don't think it was designed to be anything but a kickass light fighter. It has speed and manoeuvreability, no turret needed.
Time is an Illusion..............Lunchtime doubly so!! -Ford Prefect-
Check out Privateer themed goodies!
http://www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted/2889859
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Be careful. Don't unbalance the game to make it easier. A thread was made when i first joined. It showed that most the people did not find the demon hard to defeat or to stronger. The the demon is supposed to be a cap ship killer. ten torps. two HS missiles. But if you are finding it WAY too strong Maybe try lower all guns to light only.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

well, i wasnt trying to make any ship too strong.. but more balance out the entire loadout of ships..
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Hello again,

I've already to begun to work at this baby. I've favoured my concept of a light scout/interceptor/distractor ship. Tough enough to make enemies busy, fast enough to run away. The ideal patrol ship, nothing else. See attached screenshot.

I've got a question here. While doing my entry in master_part_list.csv I've noticed that the milspec ships and all other ships which appear during the campaign (Stiletto, Talon, Broadsword, Demon, Paradigm, Drayman) have no entries there. Where can I specify those ships? I'd like to have my Fireblade as milspec only, and I'd like to know how to also implement upgrades to a later point in the game.

- Picture removed to save memory :wink: -
Last edited by Dilloh on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

nice job.. ^.^
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Dilloh wrote:I've got a question here. While doing my entry in master_part_list.csv I've noticed that the milspec ships and all other ships which appear during the campaign (Stiletto, Talon, Broadsword, Demon, Paradigm, Drayman) have no entries there. Where can I specify those ships? I'd like to have my Fireblade as milspec only, and I'd like to know how to also implement upgrades to a later point in the game.
I think those are handcrafted in python - ie, a blank one is spawned, and each of the required upgrades added one after the other, in python.
I'm not sure where that code is, though.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Anyone else having an idea?

How, or better where, do I create a Milspec ship or a campaign related one?

My theory is that milspec ships are only listed as templates in units.csv, whereas ships which can be bought from the beginning are in master_parts_list.csv. Is that correct? So where do I change the campaignscore for a ship that it can be bought?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Okay then... this is the Demon Fireblade. Just unzip into your Privateer folder.

For some odd reason, I could not enable it to be in the Ship Dealer list. Maybe it's because it is a campaign enabler ship. So you should either get it after Palan (if someone could test this I'd be happy) or you hack yourself a fireblade.blank with your savegame.

Features:
* New fire texture
* New gun, the Heckler&Koch HK1303
* New gun sound
* Part of the Hunter flightgroups

If some kind testers would please try out the Palan availability, I'd be happy...

- File removed as it is part of canonHUDs1.4 and above -
Last edited by Dilloh on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Dilloh wrote:My theory is that milspec ships are only listed as templates in units.csv, whereas ships which can be bought from the beginning are in master_parts_list.csv.
True, in that no ship can be bought without being on master parts list. Even if they are on units.csv.
Dilloh wrote:So where do I change the campaignscore for a ship that it can be bought?
No idea, sorry.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Dilloh wrote:* New gun, the Heckler&Koch HK1303
H&K is still around in the PR timeline? That's good to know.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Phew, You guys are better than i gave credit for. Seriously. You did the ship well, Dilloh. Though all seid and done i must say this. If you make a ship do not replace the original ship it was based on.

Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I didn't replace the demon, I just added the new variant. Did you test it with the demon gone???

Thx for the feedback. I'm going to lower the upgrade space to zero so that no other stuff can be implemented, I'll downgrade the reactor to type 0 and I will add the cloak. So the ship will be a real hit and run vessel. What do you think of it?

@Onyx
I thought a bit of local patriotism would be nice... I was born in the town where HK and Mauser have their company HQs :wink:
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Ooh, a light cloaking ship. NICE

Team Fortress 2
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

Dilloh wrote:@Onyx
I thought a bit of local patriotism would be nice... I was born in the town where HK and Mauser have their company HQs :wink:
Groovy. Two of the best firearm manufacturers in the world, German of course..

I would love to own a military issue Kar98K, or MP-43.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

My patriotism is, in this case, more dedicated to the economic rather than the military side of the medal. HK and Mauser employ huge amounts of workers in our region, that's why the contribute to the welfare around.

It can make one proud that Mauser contributes e.g. the board cannon to the Eurofighter (among other things).

Still, HKs and Mausers can be found all around the world. Their guns lay in the hands of soldiers, mercenaries, terrorists, killers...
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I wonder if emploees get discounts and access to guns...Hmmm...

Team Fortress 2
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

They may get discounts, i'm not sure. But unless they're quality control or something like that i doubt they have any real access to the finished firearms.

Dilloh, i can certainly understand that reasoning. Especially since Americas economy is in bad shape and getting worse thanks to the brain dead monkey in office.

Mostly i'd like to have those weapons so that i might own a very real piece of history.

Oh, and don't forget about Glock. No idea where their facility is, but i'm sure they employ a fair amount of workers.

Off topic but i'm just curious, do you like Rammstein? I don't mean the town.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Onyx, are you German too? So where are you from?

Rammstein isn't too much what I like - I like Metal, Hip Hop and Punk rather than Techno or House. My favourite band is P.O.D., but there is also good german music out there, like Die Aerzte, Die Toten Hosen, Lou Bega (best known for Mambo Nr. 5) and of course Falco! But Rammstein is okay, as it is some sort of funny for their lyrics and their strange lead singer and his freaky voice.
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

I've got quite a lot of German in my bloodline, but i was born and raised in America, Rhode Island to be precise. I'm in upstate New York now. But i'm quite proud of my German ancestry, so i generally tell people i'm German.

Here's something you'll get a kick out of, my last name is Knickerbocker.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

LOL!! Well, at least it is better than "Dirndl". I suppose you know what Knickerbockers are? If I tell someone my last name, they often ask me if I'm italian, but it is a name which comes from Switzerland.

I am really confused that so many persons are proud of their german heritage - if you consider two world wars with the genocide of the jews and our non-participation in Iraq.

Patriotism, if spoken out of a german mouth, means in 90% of all cases a strict no to weapons and arms. We've also a lot of discussions about 3D-Shooters. If you want to own a firearm, you need to have a weapons pass which includes information about your criminal history. Nobody can (legally) buy a firearm without the government having ones adress, even not sport shooters. I think that's cool.

Oh, about the topic - I still can't get my ship into the store. If anyone could take a look at the csvs and find it out, I'd be grateful.

I've got reply from klauss - he found out how to lock ships during a campaign. As soon as I've understood how it works, I might make the fireblade a post-rygannon ship, designed to distract the drone.