DEVELOPERS hey can you do me a little favour?

Forum For Privateer Remake
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

What Knickerbockers are? Let's see pants, beer, it was a game similar to baseball once upon a time. There's a Knickerbocker shipping company i believe, there's also a Knickerbocker mansion in upstate NY not too close to me though. I'm certain there are other things that have the name, but i can't think of anything else right now.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I only know 'em as trousers. It is great to have a name which is not too common. For my last name, there are only about 80 entries in german phonebooks, and the name is of german linguistic origin. Worldwide, I assume that there are not more than 500 persons having my last name. Combined with my first name, it is unique.

The only "famous" guy I ever found is a US football player from about 1950.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I've noticed that a lot of people have downloaded the fireblade right now. I still couldn't put it into the ship dealer... Anyone an idea, or did anyone have it for sale post-palan?
Bzandon
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by Bzandon »

I've found with ships I've added (including your excellent Fireblade), it depends on where in master_part_list.csv you put the entry. It must put BEFORE the turrets, and then it appears in the ship dealer. Same goes for adding weapons.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Dilloh wrote:I am really confused that so many persons are proud of their german heritage - if you consider two world wars with the genocide of the jews and our non-participation in Iraq.
Don't worry about that. Amarica has done worse, so has Australia, and nearly every other country.

About the non-participation of iraq, be happy your troops are not there.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

@Bzandon
Hey, thanks alot! I would've never find this out alone! I'll try it out, and if it works, I'll credit you of course!
OnyxPaladin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by OnyxPaladin »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:Don't worry about that. Amarica has done worse, so has Australia, and nearly every other country.

About the non-participation of iraq, be happy your troops are not there.
What he said is absolutely correct. I heard the top two names for the war were "operation screw the economy" and "operation not for the oil".
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Bzandon, I tried your suggestion and it works fine. Again, thank you! I'm considering to launch a PU-Special Edition for myself, since I found a way to "compress" it way better by saving files which are already within the stock PR install.