bugbug

Forum For Privateer Remake
theBlind
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

bugbug

Post by theBlind »

Here's one, reproducable, non-critical:
If you engage the tractor beam(alone), then switch over to another weapon while still pressing the fire button, the beam will stay on until ?max duration?

Comfirmation of another bug, mission cargo missing.
2 Cargo mission into the same system at the same time, first one from BBS, second one from merchants guild. The first one put 1 unit of games into my hold, the second one failed for lack of cargo space. Unfortunately, I did not check the Commodity Exchange for their resp. space requirements. I had no other cargo.

I ran into another unfulfillable bounty mission. I _think_ it was because I killed the target real fast (TM*) without fulfilling the "visit jump point X" requirement first.

The Gladius has a problem: of it's 3 lasers, the outer 2 are so far from the ships middle axis that they will miss a talon because of their spread (looks great when watching it from above). Solution: unknown for canon reasons, this should be how the ship is configured, right?

Balance issue: Cargo missions still give lots of money quick and hazard-free. Maybe spaw 1 enemy per 4-5k mission payment. Talons up to ~15k, double the # of talons above or 1-2 kats instead?

*)Neutron Guns. It's what they do.

-theBlind
Solon Halwinder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Solon Halwinder »

I think cargo missions were always high-paying like that. I remember pretty often, on longer-distance runs in the original, the pay was up in the 20,000-30,000 range, and a run paying less than 10,000 was relatively rare.