This is a subject!

Forum For Privateer Remake
aircawn
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

This is a subject!

Post by aircawn »

Hi guys.

Just started a frash campaign and here's what I've noticed so far, sorry if it has been mentioned before or seems irrelevant.

1. Targetting brackets show up in the autopilot camera. Probably in other external cameras too. Does that seem right?

2. Merchant guild 'Welcome' voice doesn't match the captions at the top of the screen, nor Mercenary guild.

3. When saving / reloading on the same base, you get a brand new set of missions from the mission computer. This gives you to the chance to do something like 3 x patrol missions in the same system, getting credit for each nav point as you go. It's a very easy way to make ~15k in a single session. :)

4. When you load a game from in-base, the screen changes to the cockpit view for a second and displays the 'You have died' text on the left hand side.

5. Should the captions at the top of the screen when talking to people disappear? I don't think so myself... unless a new line of text is being printed or something.

6. I don't remember a repulsor beam in the original Privateer. I admit, it has been a while since I've last played though.

7. The autopilot camera shows you at your destination. I remember it being from the position where you started autopilot.

8. When you destory a ship, the debris seems to revolve around a central point, rather than spreading out in their own separate direction. It looks rather strange.

9. The animations of things moving while in base (people, trucks, ships) seems slow. Not by much though, just enough to be noticable.

10. When turning mid-flight I appear to be accelerating to 300+ speeds. I don't even remember that happening with the 1.0 release.

11. When turning, I seem to slide a lot more than the 1.0 release. You can see the space junk fly by at an angle for some seconds after doing a 90 degree turn.

12. After doing a save/load and going back to the mission computer screen, the mouse sensitivity sometimes changes to something higher than usual. I only notice it when in the Mission Computer menu. But if I leave that and return to it, it always is back to normal by then.

13. Weapon impact sounds against other ships, regardless of distance, sounds loud enough, as if they've hit my own ship.

14. After doing a save/load, the background music was that what you would normally get in a space fight even though I was safely in a base and buying stuff. This only happened once.

15. I clicked on 'buy' basic repair but it did not repair my Plasteel armour - it was still listed in yellow. I forget if it charged me for it though...

16. In Ship Upgrade: I had all the categories of my own ship expanded (armour, weapons, ammo... etc) and I repaired my Plasteel armour. After that it closed all the categories. Please stop that. :(

17. I'm unable to restart autopilot until the enemy debris disappears, however many seconds that is after destroying them.

18. I bought Tungsten armour while I had damaged Plasteel armour. After the purchase, the Plasteel armour was magically repaired.

Thanks for the work you've all put into this by the way. It's much appreciated. :)
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

Did you have a maneuvering jets upgrade in the original but not here? That would cause more of a sliding effect. Flight model and stats for the tarsus haven't changed..

Cant auto until enemy debris disappears: Yep. Always been that way. You may also notice that a red dot remains on the radar until the debris appears. To the game, the debris is still an enemy ship. We could of course just get rid of it, but I rather like it, so until we can work around the game thinking it is still an enemy, auto pilot will have to wait for a second.