Dumb dumbfire?

Forum For Privateer Remake
sebastian pons
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Dumb dumbfire?

Post by sebastian pons »

Hi, I'm rather new at this. I did play Privateer back when, and I'm very happy to have found this remake, but I have a problem.
I bought a Galaxy and I equipped it with dumb fire missiles only to have them discharge on their own. Is this a bug? (everything was working fine with the Tarsus and Orion...), and if so, is there anything I can do to correct it?
Thank you in advance
Sebastian Pons
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Dumb dumbfire?

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome aboard Sebastian Pons could you find the log files stdout.txt and stderr.txt they should be in the bin folder of the install folder on Windows if you are on a Linux install try running the game in a terminal and copy/paste it here or as an attachment (text file) that should tell me what is actually happening,could be several things.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
sebastian pons

Post by sebastian pons »

Thank you Loki for your answer, and I apologize for my delay in answering.
I looked in my BIN folder, but I couldn't find the text files you mention, but I might have found a partial solution to the problem. As soon as I'm in space, I fire a missile , and somehow it fixes the problem.
I,m beginning to think that the problem is/was a stuck button...
I must mention that I installed and deleted the game several times because of the same problem.
Thank you for your help, and let me know if you can think of something else.
sebastian pons
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Have look at the wiki there should be an article about where to find the log files what I mentioned was for XP :| for Vista.Win7&8 they are at C:\Users\usernamer\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Vega Strike\Vegastrike-0.5.0 or Privateer :wink: was just a bit lazy in my fist answer :oops: also where your saved games are :D

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

with joysticks, may also be unexpected button mapping.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
sebastian pons

Post by sebastian pons »

Thank you all.
Hi Loki, I looked at my files, but my install path is---- Program files/vegastrike/privateer.... I can't find the text files you ask for anywhere. I'm running Windows XP (still).
TBeholder. I thought it was my Joystick, but after firing a missile (as I mentioned on a previous post), everything went to normal. I switched to FF missiles and I hadn't had a problem
till I replaced them for Dumb Fire again. So it seams that the problem is with the DF....
Thank you again
sebastian pons