Rightous Fire (RF) Campain won't start ...

Forum For Privateer Remake
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

Rightous Fire (RF) Campain won't start ...

Post by MeltingTungsten »

Hi, playing this game again after so long time brings up many memories (means: you did a good job ;-).

Well, this is my problem: I've finished the Perry-Mission (couched the drone with Drayman + tractor beam) then bought an Paradigm, built in the Steltek Gun there and headed to Pleasure:Jolson in System XXN-1927 to let steal my Alien Gun.

But nothing happens when i land there. I've tried it with every ship in my fleet but always the same - the Rightous Fire Campain did not start :-(.

What have i overseen?
Can i start the RF Campain manually? Maybe by hacking the savegame or something similar?

I play PR Version 1.2 / my Campain Score is 193.
Can anyone help?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome MeltingTungsten not sure on your problem but there is a new version of Privateer Universe which is an expansion more ships and new story lines http://pu.wcjunction.com/ that is also where most of the PR guys hang out now.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

My Windows is too old to install this Download Manager.
Is there a way to download this PU file directly?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Sorry but not at the moment only the svn version as there are daily changes and the guys that are play testing want there updates ASAP so they can complain about bugs as they happen :wink: What is windows telling you about installing TortoiseSVN it should have no problem with XP it may need the latest service pack but that's all.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

RF probably doesn't start if you have acquired multiple steltek guns, or if you're still owning ships having other steltek guns in your fleet, or if the artifact isn't on the ship you're landing with on Jolson.

Since PR requires Windows XP, you should definetively be able to integrate Tortoise on your machine. As loki said SP2 should be fairly enough to make it run.
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

Hm, i've only one steltek gun but 2 (!) drones, one in the cargo of my Paradigm and another one in the cargo hold of my Drayman (Don't know what exactly i did to get the second drone).

Anyway, i found an older version of the Downloader thats works with my Windows 2000 version, so i was able to download all the PU files.

Next step, i have tried to load the old savegame from PR1.2 in the PU-Version to start the RF campaign there.
Unfortunately, all i got back was an error message from Windows before PU crashed.

I've have two artifacts + one drone in the cargo hold of my Paradigm and one steltek gun mounted. Should i try to free all the drones before i land on Jolson?

I try to attach a ZIP file from my savegame so you can see with your own eyes what i speak from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

:oops: Forgot to mention with the new version of the vegastrike engine new save format so your old saves are broke for it :cry: if you have more questions on the new version or problems join the forum at http://pu.wcjunction.com/ have a look at the re worked Tarsus 8)

MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

PU seems more different from PR1.2 like i thought. For example, the turret AI (ctrl+w) does not work, my Paradigm flies without AB only 100 kps instead of 200 kps, the MyFleet button is also disappeard and so on (the wax filter on the old graphics is a nice gag but it looks like everything is melting ... very strange :wink: ).
You said, the savegames are not compatible. So I would happy if i can play my old game to the end before starting a complete new one.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

he turret AI (ctrl+w)
Yeah there seems to be a problem recognizing the ctr key just re assign the turret control keys to something else in vegastrike.config the alt modifier works in windows but not in OSX is appears.

bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

my Paradigm flies without AB only 100 kps instead of 200 kps
Could this be b/c the engine has gone from km/h to m/sec. If you convert it its about the same. I'm not a privateer guy, so i'm not sure what exact engine vers they are using but this is a possibility.
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

In PR1.2 the afterburner has no effect on capital ships like the Drayman or the Paradigm.
The strange thing is that no one else seems to have my problem. Some have even problems in starting too early the RF campain.

Well, i will do some experiments with another savegame download from here.

Is there anything else i can try?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

If you really want to preserve as many Steltek guns as possible, I did it the following way:

- Acquired multiple scouts, stripped off the guns (sell in commodity, rebuy in ship dealer, then sell guns) until I had 4 boosted stelteks on my Centurion. Always sold the scouts afterwards.
- Acquired another scout and put it into MyFleet.
- Flew to Jolson in a ship w/o any steltek guns. Saved the game.
- Switched to Steltek scout, launched, ejected, landed in my eject pod on Jolson.
- Switched to my 4-gunned Centurion, launched, landed. RF started and took of 2 of my 4 steltek guns.
- Switched to paradigm, launched and tractored back the steltek scout which I had left in orbit.
- Landed on Jolson, got the steltek scout back, took out the 2 missing guns for my Centurion.

About the turret issue, the problem is solved and should be commited soon.
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

I did what you said (expect the multi steltek guns), Dilloh, even destroyed all drones with CRTL + d but always the same, RF doesn't start.

Are you sure, Rightous Fire is really a part of Privateer Remake? Or is there still something to do in the game before RF can start?

Please, can you publish 2 example savegames here in the forum? One shortly before the RF cutscene und another one shortly after.
By comparing both savegames it was maybe able to trigger the extension campaign for my own savegame.

Thanks
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Don't you maybe have to talk to Terrell again after fighting the drone?

Go talk to him and make sure he congratulates you, or it might not register the campaign complete...
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

Terrell congratulated me, then i went to the ship dealer and purchased an Paradigm. I can go back to Terrell's Office but he says nothing more.

Normally, this must be the whole Perry Mission and as i know i should be able to continue with RF. To be sure, i have also made all bonus campaigns.

But when i fly back from Jolson to Perry, then the office is closed again and a female confed doesn't let me enter again.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

But then you ARE already @ RF. Check Perry's ship dealer and see if there are Fusion guns for sale. You probably just clicked away the cutscene.
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

You forgot a detail. Even if i should have clicked away the cutscene, my Steltek gun should disappeared in every case.
And no, i found no other guns or equipment, i've already seen, when i fly from Jolson to Perry Base.

By the way: The special equipment is one main cause why i want to RF.

You have my savegame. If you want to spend a little time, download it here from the forum and try to start RF with it ... maybe you have more luck.

Please, i want gun coolers and all the other candy for my ship :cry:
I will share my credits with you, Dilloh, if you help me stopping these ugly fureballs :)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Okay, you're right. Strange. I sold everything alien, heck even dismantled your whole fleet and got myself a new ship, still RF didn't start.

There are only two possibilities I can think of:
a) a corrupted savegame (which I can't read out I fear)
b) you messed up one or more key missions, but then the story wouldn't have continued.

Anyways, my advice would be to start over again, but that probably wouldn't be very amusing. But we have some save states on the forum, pick out the point where you want to start:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=8421
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

Ok, seems i have no other choice than start a new game.

I have already tried your savegames but unfortunately, you have no paradigm ... don't want to go to RF without my 17-Turret-Monster :lol:

My missions way was indeed a little bit chaotic because i didn't find the Pentonville system again for a long time (it is not on the map). Later i find the jumppoint to Pentonville in the 119ce system.

And after finishing the Oxford mission, i bought an Drayman an another campaign mission disappeared (for a while).

Maybe all this together has confused the vega engine too much ... so long and thanks for all the fish.
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

This sucks ... :x :x :x

I've started a complete new game but - whatever i do - the bug is the same: RF does not start!

If anyone, who read this, have the luck to can play the additional Rightous Fire campaign in Privateer Remake 1.2, please upload your savegame files here in this thread.

My scientists said, they see a 74.6 % chance to find the bug when they have such a savegame available.
Now, transmission energy is sinking rapid ... we can only communicate further, when you have success ...

Good Luck!
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

PR1.2 is no longer being maintained. May I suggest PU to you? We're also gradually updating our ships to use normalmaps and whatnot.
http://wcjunction.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9473#9473