How to form my own fleet?

Forum For Privateer Remake
attilio
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

How to form my own fleet?

Post by attilio »

It's been very nice reading this forum and playing Vega Strike Privateer Remake. I loved the original but always wished I had some wingmen and could buy/control more ships. Now, I think it's possible.

From what I read, you can buy a Drayman after Oxford's missions in the 1st set and start tractoring in Dralthi and whatnot. When you beat the 1st batch of missions and are ready to be a true heathen, tasting Righteous Fire in search of my long lost steltek gun in the Retro Temple, you get the Paradigm. From what I understand, the paradigm has a cargo capacity of 100,000, more than enough to be your own carrier!

So, I have a few more questions:

1. What's the maximum number of your own ships you can deploy in flying state (as in, how many ships can I bring directly to bear into a battle)? Would it be like some battle of Midway thing where my paradigm could launch a few each stilettos, broadswords, Demons and Centurions against an incoming onslaught?

2. How do I switch ships from a given base, especially if both ships are there? I have about 700 grand earned in my Tarsus, and I wanted to try flying a decked to the hilt Centurion, but I want to be able to switch from ship to ship as the need arises. Some missions are more lucrative when you have 150 cargo instead of 50, and I didn't see that.

3. What's the maximum number of ships I can own? I read you can have two of each except the tarsus, but can you really have two of every single ship (excpet one each of the steltek ships, I don't plan to cheat)?

I am just having a quick little fantasy of traipsing around in my fully decked out Paradigm with loads of turrets deploying all sorts of nasty fighters. If the end of Rightous Fire is half as good as it was in the original, it should be a fun treat to partake in the huge dog-fight.

4. I heard there is a THIRD set of plot missions. I thought the original (which I played in its entirety) had only two and ended with the Rightous Fire pack. Is the third included in the Vega Strike pack or can I donwload it from somewhere?

Thanks and happy holidays
A
Where's my fast, six forward firing blaster fighter with lots of cargo room?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

What's the maximum number of your own ships you can deploy in flying state
There is no limitation. I once hacked myself a paradigm to have fantastillions of cargo space, went through the bases and filled it with any ship available. Then I launched them. The only limitation is how many ships your computer can bear.
How do I switch ships from a given base, especially if both ships are there? I have about 700 grand earned in my Tarsus, and I wanted to try flying a decked to the hilt Centurion, but I want to be able to switch from ship to ship as the need arises. Some missions are more lucrative when you have 150 cargo instead of 50, and I didn't see that.
Any time you buy a new ship from the ship dealer's list, your old ship(s) is/are being stored as is. So you can buy a Centurion, and if you don't like it, you can use the MyFleet-Button popping up to get back to your old ship. Note that if the ship is at another base, you'll need to pay a transport fee of 50000 credits.
What's the maximum number of ships I can own? I read you can have two of each except the tarsus, but can you really have two of every single ship (excpet one each of the steltek ships, I don't plan to cheat)?
There are two types of nearly every ship, however you can only own one per type, so you cannot have two Paradigms in different configurations for example. This does not affect your cargo hold, you can have e.g. 5 Talons in there. Steltek ships can also be acquired via tractor beam, but they only come up in one type each.
I am just having a quick little fantasy of traipsing around in my fully decked out Paradigm with loads of turrets deploying all sorts of nasty fighters. If the end of Rightous Fire is half as good as it was in the original, it should be a fun treat to partake in the huge dog-fight.
That's possible, however it is no fun travelling around in a slow capship, especially when you have to cross the asteroids around valhalla. Btw, you can pilot your deployed ships by hitting the turret key.
I heard there is a THIRD set of plot missions. I thought the original (which I played in its entirety) had only two and ended with the Rightous Fire pack. Is the third included in the Vega Strike pack or can I donwload it from somewhere?
There's a bonus campaign, you can start it by visiting Bodensee in Tingerhoff at any time. PU will offer a package with many more campaigns soon - just follow the link in my signature to inform yourself.