What are ALL the ships I can get, and where?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Gavinfoxx
Merchant
Merchant

What are ALL the ships I can get, and where?

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Topic says it all... what are the ships that one can buy in Privateer Remake, and where can you get them / what do you have to do to get them?

Thanks!
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

there are ways to get every ship you see around you---
some of the ships you're not *supposed* to get but were allowed through a bug ;-)

anyhow working thorugh the campaign with enough money to buy ships, and checking for ships every time you pass a mission is a surefire way to get a bunch of cool ships
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

the only ones you cant buy at some point in the game are Kamekh, Steltek Scout and Steltek Drone
Gavinfoxx
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gavinfoxx »

Uhm, I was more looking for a spoiler, yaknow.. so I could work quickly to one or two particular ships, then relax a little...

What are the ships I can buy, and when?

I'm quite interested in an early purchase ship other than the big three, if thats possible... please?
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Gavinfoxx
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gavinfoxx »

I've read those. Here's what I have gathered...

-Paradigm is available for purchase, but only RIGHT after you finish the PR storyline, and not after that, and it is going to be taken out of the game next release. 8.7 million. it is bugged and has cargo of random stuff that shouldnt be sold. you have to buy it in the equipment exchange, sell it, and then you can buy it at the ship dealer. you can buy a paradigm after beating the RF missions... and it seems really buggy, seeing as how it shoots itself...
-Gladius is available for purchase, possibly after the PR storyline, possibly in Perry
-Drayman is available for purchase in Oxford as depreciated after the Masterson missions. Also possible available for purchase at the 41-GS system as a bug.. Available anywhere normally after completion of the main plot
-Dralthi is available for purchase after completing optional storyline mission, and does not leave
-Demon is available...somewhere after beating the Palan blockade missions, and is a very nice ship, and might be nerfed next release
-Stiletto is available after the PR storyline, and has a really cool cockpit
-Talon is available for purchase in pentonville, after the Tayla missions, but is going to be taken out. there is a depreciated one and a pirate one... but probably is only available for purchase once. make sure you buy it at the mission computer
-Broadsword available at Perry after beating the PR missions
-Salthi is available before the end mission in RF
-Gothri is available by cheating-- either by hacking or using the tractor beam into a capship exploit

That doesnt give me a lot of specifics, and there are some things in there that I'm not sure about, like where to get these things, confirmation, prices, etc...

So the earliest I can get a ship thats not one of the big three is either a Talon or a Dralthi. Okay...