That blasted drone won't die!

Forum For Privateer Remake
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

That blasted drone won't die!

Post by blue_paladin42 »

It won't. No matter what I do. And I am doing the last mission, the one where you are supposed to kill it. I have the boosted steltek gun. I have autotracking. No matter how many times I hit it, I can'tseem to pierce its shields. I can't seem to hurt its shields at all. Can anyone help me?
zbyszanna
Hunter
Hunter

Post by zbyszanna »

Boosted Steltek damages the armor directly - it doesn't stop on the shields.
Wendy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Wendy »

zbyszanna wrote:Boosted Steltek damages the armor directly - it doesn't stop on the shields.
It was the only way they could make the drone impervious to everything BUT the boosted gun. I wish I remembered the particulars from the other forum. There was quite a bit of discussion over it.

THey finally settled on shields that wouldn't be affected by your guns.

WHich leaves me puzzled, because of the shield type... I'll have to look now. Was it a specific type of shield that JUST the drone used or was it just a standard shield_2? I can't remember. In any case, they couldn't seem to manage the god/not-god toggle the original game had and used shield type and gun-type for the end of things.

W.
=============================
Don't laugh, you ASKED me to break it!
=============================
I find television very educational.
Everytime someone turns on a set,
I go in another room and read a book.
--Groucho Marx
==============================
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Oooooooh. That explains it then. So the steltek gun just goes staight through the shields to the armor. Ok. I'll give it another go then. Thanks much :D
El Mero
Trader
Trader

killing the drone

Post by El Mero »

Hi,

to kill the drone, you should just use the boosted Steltek gun and no others so that you have enough power to fire constantly. Run a little away and make the drone follow you, away from the cap ships, than turn around and blast it into heaven.
The reason why to run away from the cap ships is simple: if you stay close the drone might attack the cap ships and make it hard for you to hit it and you have to look out for the friendly fire from the cap ships.
Hitman_MT
Trader
Trader

Post by Hitman_MT »

not only the caps ship is shooting you - the 4 Broadswords too :( I try this mission around 5 times and every killed by friendly fire. I pull the drone far away from the caps ship. The broadswords following the drone and kill itself with friendly fire lol. as only 1 broadsword was alive i turn around and kill the last broadsword ! This last ship killed me last 2 times.... as i was alone with the drone it was easy. The drone can take some hits and it takes a while to kill it. When the drone is shooting you dodge it and fly in circles. when it turn around then return fire only with the boostet steltec gun.
brainbug
Explorer
Explorer

Post by brainbug »

for what kind of a mission you talking about...i guess thats where i am stuck... my last mission was to explore delte_prime and get the steltek gun...when i am back to the refinery thats it....

where did you get this last mission???

gretting brainbug :roll:
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you go to home ;-) troy system, one of those mining bases
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Actually any mining base other than rygannon. And when you get there, be very careful about friendly fire:D
I love Wing Commander.
I love playing Wing Commander so much I don't know what to do.
I PLAY THEREFORE I AM!
Thats all the proof I need to know that I exist!
Star Pilot

Post by rudy »

woah, i got on the ship as i seen the drone approaching
saved and then died. now i spawn in space, no drone or anything.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

When you reload the game, do you have the steltekgun? Or didn't you take it? If you have it, I'd simply go to any miningbase other then Rygannon and see if the plot goes on. If you do not have the gun you have a little problem. Then you should restart the last Rygannon mission again. I can only advise you to fly the whole mission in one piece. IIRC there were many reports about bugs which occured when people saved and reloaded the game during this mission.
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.