Need Advice on assembling my fleet

Forum For Privateer Remake
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Need Advice on assembling my fleet

Post by z30 »

Hello all, I'm in the middle of the Oxford missions and am planning to increase my fleet of one (currently a Galaxy) right after. From the old threads here , I know where and when the Demons and Drayman's appear but need details on how to get my hands on a Gothri.

Do I need to buy a Drayman to assembly my tiny fleet ?

So far planning :

Galaxy
Demon
Gothri

Is there a specific sequence I have to follow to complete the list quickly ? Or some sort of catch I should watch out for? Thanks!
Duke Derek
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Duke Derek »

you can use your Drayman to get a milspec Gothri but i think you might have to do the bonus campaign in order to get a stock model

am i right that confeds hate you automatically if you're in a Kilrathi ship? i definitely got attacked by some confeds or militia (both of who i was friendly with) when taking my Drathli for a test drive
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Duke Derek wrote:you can use your Drayman to get a milspec Gothri but i think you might have to do the bonus campaign in order to get a stock model

am i right that confeds hate you automatically if you're in a Kilrathi ship? i definitely got attacked by some confeds or militia (both of who i was friendly with) when taking my Drathli for a test drive
Ow - that's going to be tough :( Where exactly does one buy the Kilrathi ships?
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Duke Derek wrote:you can use your Drayman to get a milspec Gothri but i think you might have to do the bonus campaign in order to get a stock model

Ow - that's going to be tough :( Where exactly does one buy the Kilrathi ships?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

just do the bonus campaign--- pick one of the 3 plotlines to follow--and see it through
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

hellcatv wrote:just do the bonus campaign--- pick one of the 3 plotlines to follow--and see it through
Got that, found the old thread on it and it really looks like an interesting thing to try. Thanks for the tip hellcat, really looking forward to the new ships.
z30
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by z30 »

Hello all, found yet another old informative thread on my question :

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=4723

It even talks about the notorious third mission of Oxford, asides from nice posts about the Drayman/Paradigm.

Also included is a nice mini-thread debate on whether equipment upgradability should be a scaled thing (small ships no, medium somewhat, large ones yup all the way )