Does Vega Strike Support *your* video card

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Does Vega Strike Support *your* video card

Post by hellcatv »

Can you please fill out the following table (using your forum account)

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... patability

We need a big list of who tested on which card in order to release.

I just learned that only the ATI drivers from *today* work on linux...and that any previous ones fail...
so it would be great of you folks to fill all this info in today so we can see which cards need to be tested upon.

This is especially critical since we've moved to shaders and have not tested the vendors' openGL drivers to this degree until now.

So dust off those old cards--and lets get the biggest list we can!
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Melodie
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Melodie »

Hello hellcatv,

What would you think about "compatibility" ? 8)

/Edit : anything knew in the progress since the 507 revision number when I had this problem ?
spiffariffic
Trader
Trader

Post by spiffariffic »

Are you also looking for motherboard graphics chipsets as well for this list or only separate video cards?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Indeed please do add to the list if your on-board chip set works

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Xit
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Xit »

Could somebody post a new refernece screenie as the original doesn't seem to load. I can test an Acer laptop with onboard graphics, an X300 and a nVidia 7600
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

What Xit said, we don't know if bumpmap works without a reference image.

I posted the video data from my two systems. The GeForce 7600 GS paints all the planets, active jump points, and the initial load screen plaid, but in fewer colors than the plaid created by traveling at ludicrous speed.

Turbo
MeltingTungsten
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MeltingTungsten »

Intel Extreme Onboard graphic card Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller works well on a Windows 2000/SP 2 machine since installed the latest drivers:

Look for win2k_xp1417.exe - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... &lang=eng

Without the newest drivers you will not see any radar and some other important things but the game itself runs also with older drivers.