small script to ease svn builds/updates on linux

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

small script to ease svn builds/updates on linux

Post by pheldens »

loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Neat little script 8) bootstrap.sh isn't broken for me so i have no need for it nice to have it on hand though.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Why is bootstrap-sh broken for you?

Can you paste the output of bootstrap-sh?
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

ace123 wrote:Why is bootstrap-sh broken for you?

Can you paste the output of bootstrap-sh?
It doesn't include the aclocal path I added in the script, and fails on that. The rest probably works.

EDIT: on closer inspection:

it's because I have aclocal pre defined on my system
> echo $ACLOCAL
aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal

the script then treats this whole string as the command, and can't find it.

./bootstrap-sh: line 97: aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal: No such file or directory

removing the quotes around "$ACLOCAL" solves it. l97 and 136
safemode
Developer
Developer

Post by safemode »

your variable is broken. You cant set the env variable for a command like that to include arguments to the command. That may work for some bash builtins like ls but not real commands. try ACLOCAL_FLAGS or similar that the configure script looks for when executing aclocal.
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

safemode wrote:your variable is broken. You cant set the env variable for a command like that to include arguments to the command. That may work for some bash builtins like ls but not real commands. try ACLOCAL_FLAGS or similar that the configure script looks for when executing aclocal.
Aye, this has never bitten me though, and I build everything from source. You calling them quoted is unnecessary. I see I also had ACLOCAL_FLAGS exported. maybe ACLOCAL was a temp workaround for a broken package I forgot to undo then.

Anyway, no real problem here then.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I added the ACLOCALFLAGS variable in 11392.

The reason that setting this directly in ACLOCAL might cause problems is because it checks the version using different options than what it uses for buildings.
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

adjusted the script, also removed link for soundserver, now that no longer seems to be used. (it doesn't get rebuilt anyway)