Creating the space backgrounds (angular maps)

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
unimatrix
Hunter
Hunter

Creating the space backgrounds (angular maps)

Post by unimatrix »

How do you create the angular maps used for the space backgrounds? I've tried a few methods for use as backgrounds in Blender.

Anyhelp would be create as I have the Space pack from Flaming pear for photoshop, but always get this giant seam line if rendered at different angles from Blender. (would be the same in Vegastike)

If anyone as some tips, I'd like to know. Because anything I create, I plan on releasing for others to use and I can submit some new bg images to the game.
Disclaimer: This is NOT my universe. I am just the Animation Stooge...

Dutch...It's like German, but not....

It's offical: the end is near. I am learning French and Apple is switching to Intel.
ghoulsblade
Merchant
Merchant

Post by ghoulsblade »

i'm not quite sure what you mean by "angular map", but if you can use skybox textures, this might be interesting : http://ghoulsblade.schattenkind.net/wik ... php/Povray
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

hello

I wrote this document for me.

if that can helped you? I do not know not explained (I speak difficult English) I do not know so always current

I work /photoshop/hdrshop/and inkscape for vectorization.
1 look a wiki page in space background
2save as with indication a model:

nota bene : is just for help you maybe it don't work (
it can have errors )
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Nice! That layout helps a lot.

For clarification: Aren't the backgrounds textures sphere-mapped?