editing reactor output on the Goddard

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
tripintraveler
Merchant
Merchant

editing reactor output on the Goddard

Post by tripintraveler »

ok, have tricked out goddard, even found a cloaking device, and all was good, .... now .. for some damn reason, when i turn on the cloaking device the power drains down to Nothing in about 4 seconds Flat, (this is new, it never did that with the cloaking device before) i havent added anything to the ship for awhile now, so i can rule that out, ... ive tried everything.. how do you tell what reactor class the goddard has, im looking at the "\goddard.xml file, and trying to figure out what is what? .. is there a way to raise energy output from the reactor? maybe its recharge rate? or on the cloaking device so that it dont Suck the 108K mj/s that its sucking (according to the ship info screen in the game) ???
any and all help on how to modify / fix my goddard would be Most appreciated, .. thank you
Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up and Hang On, .. We're Going For A Ride
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Umm.. When in a ship Upgrade shop it shows all your stuff your ship already has, just go into the reactor section and see what level it is...

(If thats what you mean by "class").
SteevoLS
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by SteevoLS »

There is an inexpensive Aera no-drain cloak I found on a Vitik cruiser... what kind did you buy?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Get yourself the csveditor2 by GAlex, available at the forum. Make a backup of units.csv. Open units.csv with the editor and search the item you want to modify, e.g. the cloak or the reactor. Now search the column indicating either energy_usage (cloak) or reactor output/reload and modify - I don't know the exact names in VegaStrike.