Defend mission: '1 Starships' ?!? It should be singular

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Defend mission: '1 Starships' ?!? It should be singular

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

How the title showed, it should be 1 starship and not 1 starships.

I didn't posted this in bug triage, because I think it's a small mistake and not a real bug.

I'm using version-0.4.3.
And I found a possible solution by editing the file /vegastrike/modules/dynamic_mission.py

Before:

Code: Select all

def generateDefendMission (path,defendfg,defendfac, attackfg,attackfac):
.....more code
    if isbase:
        iscapitol="capital "
    writedescription("A %s assault wing named %s has jumped in and is moving for an attack on one of our %sassets in the %s system.\nYour task is to eradicate them before they eliminate our starship.\nIntelligence shows that they have %d starships of type %s. Your reward is %d credits."%(attackfac, attackfg, iscapitol, processSystem(path[-1]),quantity, formatShip(attacktyp),creds))
    writemissionname("Defend/Defend_%s_from_%s"%(defendfac, attackfac),path,isFixerString(addstr))
I changed into:

Code: Select all

def generateDefendMission (path,defendfg,defendfac, attackfg,attackfac):
........more code
    if isbase:
        iscapitol="capital "
    if quantity == 1:
	starship = "starship"
    else:
        starship = "starships"
    writedescription("A %s assault wing named %s has jumped in and is moving for an attack on one of our %sassets in the %s system.\nYour task is to eradicate them before they eliminate our starship.\nIntelligence shows that they have %d %s of type %s. Your reward is %d credits."%(attackfac, attackfg, iscapitol, processSystem(path[-1]),quantity,starship,formatShip(attacktyp),creds))
    writemissionname("Defend/Defend_%s_from_%s"%(defendfac, attackfac),path,isFixerString(addstr))
By the way we have in the "translation infrastucture Support" forum
a german translation of the bartender (vegastrike/bases/bartender.py):
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7340

And perhaps someone can have a look at it, and perhaps add it to the /truncate/translations/ part of SVN, if he likes it or tell me his opinion.
Normally I post the translated files to Halleck, but he seems to be in holidays.

Regards
Plueschinger
Last edited by plueschinger on Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

plueschinger i believe that it was made plural to keep it generic as more than one ship seems more common.

Enjoy the Choice :)
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

@loki1950
I don't think so, because
1. It's not a problem to add 4 more lines to a very long function
and modify the next line a little bit.
2. I can't show you an example so fast, but I if I remember correctly, if you have a 'wingmen' mission,
they do make a difference between 1 wingman and 3 wingmen. :lol:

Regards
Plueschinger
Last edited by plueschinger on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

in that case maybe the author was feeling some pressure to finish :wink: and get it in-game.

Enjoy the Choice :)